Trading ES in a prop firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by FranklySpeaking, Jan 27, 2007.

1. I live in NY and am looking for a prop firm where I can learn to trade the ES. If anyone knows of one, please let me know.

Also, does Bright Trading allow one to trade the ES?

Thanks.

2. no

3. Sure we do, after proper screening...but we will ask the question "why"? Is your goal to trade e's or to make money as a trader? Feel free to call: 702.739.1393..

Don

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don, are you implying that they won't make money trading ES futures? Everyone in my office is doing quite well with them.

6. Not at all...all I'm asking is why the question about a specific product.....does a movie producer only want to make "love stories" or does he want to make good movies that make money.

Keeping an open mind as to products is all that I'm suggesting.

Don

7. silk

silk

ES have to be one of the most untradeable markets out there. And anybody good enough to make money in them, could probably make 10 times the money with a more diversified game.

8. Pardon my ignorance. What do the letters ES stand for?

(I hope the answer is not Easy Sex.)

Bob

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes and no. I think all the futures markets are hard to trade because of the mean reverting aspect of most of them. ES is the worst in the mean reversion category. However, many traders know how to trade mean reverting products and do quite well with them. If you ever want to trade size and manage a lot of money, the ES is bar none the best product out there with the liquidity in both the futures and options markets. That's the tradeoff. Sure, you can be a great trader trading BBY, I was, but how much size can you really swing in that stock comfortably.

I personally trade all 4 of the index products. They are all different. Some are better for momentum, others are better for mean reversion. I happen to like very liquid mean reverting products and trade them well. Others hate them. Bottom line is, trading is tough no matter what product you are trading. So you better either have liquidity or volatility on your side, preferably both.

#10     Jan 28, 2007