trading eminis preopening

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Hombre, Oct 2, 2008.

1. I've seen complaint on ET that Interactive Brokers don't allow preopen trading on eminis . What is your experience with this ? Does your broker restricts emini trading into regular trading hours ?
    Thanks,

2. rickf

rickf

Dunno why, that makes absolutely no sense from a brokerage perspective.

If that's IB's policy, I'd trade elsewhere!

3. Try Velocity Futures.

Intraday margins apply from 3:30pm to 3:15pm next day. Over night margins apply for positions that are not closed out in the previous session by 3:15pm. Margins apply to net contracts...

If you trade out of sub accounts and at 3:15pm you are

Acct 1: Long 12
    Acct 2: Short 7

You are responsible for overnight margins for the net difference of 5 contracts.

You can place a short order for 5 contracts in acct 2 just before closeso you are net zero to eliminate overnight margins. Need cash in your account to cover the spread. At 3:30 you can close out the short 5 order and resume your previous position.

Costs you $25 in trading costs versus $25,000 of margin.

Pre- RTH has up and down limits set by CME... ie.5% or 60 points for ES.

4. Surdo

Surdo

WTF are you talking about?

The only restriction that ANY broker imposes on trading outside of RTH, is higher overnight performance bond requirements.

What do trolls eat?

5. I think the issue had to do with a problem placing orders during the brief Globex daily blackout periods. I don't know anything about that.

Of course you absolutely CAN trade e-mini's in A.H. with IB ... I do it all the time.

6. Thanks guys for your responses. I was talking about post in Retail firms forum by Erlewine " Problem with IB "

It didn't make sense to me so I thought , I'll just ask.

7. Yep, IB works great early morning. That's mostly what I trade... early morning 6E when Europe is up and going.. Some of the best consistent moves are 3:30-7am PST.

8. affan

affan

Whoever said that is incorrect, i have traded IB futures before and after the bell with no problems