Trading educator gets arrested in front of students

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Aug 7, 2018.

1. John9999

John9999

OOPS... I see guys on a certain message board who solicit funds to then trade and share profits. I am sure they will get nailed, they have no idea that you must be licensed and regulated to do so in USA.

Even taking in money from friends and families is a bad , bad idea

#11     Aug 8, 2018
    bone likes this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

People are naive and greedy and it blinds them to the reality of it.

#12     Aug 9, 2018
  3. I'm not so sure it's greed. Sometimes I think people just want to believe something, and they cling on to it. I watched a guy that live trades on youtube the other day. I have to give him mad props for being truthful at least, but all he ever did was lose money. He's got all these charts up, and these little dots and lines just all over the place, and he just consistently looses money. But every day, there's like over a hundred people on there watching him. I swear, if he had no charts, no lines, no flashing dots, and called trades that made money, there'd be no one watching him trade.

#13     Aug 9, 2018
    Simples and MoreLeverage like this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

I was about to say that. You beat me to it. Really if he can teach me how to trade, all I have to do is just follow his instructions and I will be able to make just as much as he does, why would I need to give him money? But then again when your ego is being puffed up by his masterful stroking, you don't think straight. Apparently he's a master at blowing up egos.

#14     Aug 9, 2018
    mlawson71 likes this.
  5. mlawson71

mlawson71

And encouraging people's greed, I bet.

#15     Aug 11, 2018
  6. Simples

Simples

Glad I never paid any big money for anything, once or twice paid very cheaply for some report, all of them dissappointments and unusable.
    Hard to know what's what, but when I hear "you'll make it back in one trade", yeah riiight. Cultists always make bold claims on others' behalf.

It's all in the dreams and hopes, and those need to be abolished, but not your drive to work. No guarantees!

#16     Aug 12, 2018
  7. cipher

cipher

after 4 years has passed, Harris is back with an all new AI indicator, with all sorts of machine learning buzzwords.

https://intelligenttraderinc.com/

interview:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    #17     Mar 18, 2022
  8. ph1l

ph1l

The website says
    How fast would your account grow if you could predict the future?
    AIFS Changes Everything!

But they don't provide much evidence other than that their software draws lines on charts that are supposed to predict the next 6 hours of price movement like
    intelligentai_4.png
    So, if it really worked, they should have been able to show it better (e.g., with actual trade results).

#18     Mar 19, 2022
  9. cipher

cipher

true, if the indicator really gave robust signals, why not turn the indicator into an automated system by performing the execution on the signals, and providing actual backtest results, etc

#19     Mar 22, 2022