Trading eCBOT corn at IB

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by SideShowBob, Nov 30, 2005.

1. TGM

TGM

Aparently, with Cbot being public they are going to do something differant. The hours on IB's website are totally differant. They can go electronic now without the pit voting and screwing things up. They are going to go side by side----I just did not know it would be so soon. Electronic Grains could bring in alot more revenue. Beans in the summer can be traded like internet stocks. We shall see----soon enough. I am going to make some phonecalls this afternoon. The clercks that I am dealing with --have not heard anything---but they are the last to know.

#11     Dec 1, 2005
  2. just21

just21

They could put the orders through an internal ecn before they hit the pit to see if they can match anything electronically. Then cross the result up to get it into the clearing house.

#12     Dec 1, 2005
  3. TGM

TGM

LOL---they wont do that! jeez.

They already trade electronically with plenty of volume. They just do not let them trade during the 10:30 --2:15 pit trading session. Many hedgers are pissed at this. I always get into grain positions at night in the electronic markets. They are very good. They should have done this long ago.

#13     Dec 1, 2005
  4. just21

just21

I meant orders going to the pit.

#14     Dec 1, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

They have order routing to the pit already. The broker sends the orders to the pit broker who has a handheld.

#15     Dec 1, 2005
  6. IB reps,

are you going to offer pit access on retail accounts now?

I proposed this several times earlier for some contracts.

What exchanges will you offer - will Nymex be included ?

Futures only or also Options on Fut ?

#16     Dec 1, 2005
  7. cattle and lean hogs have had electronic access for a while now and the volumes there arent that great.i just wonder if it will be the same for the other ag's if they go electronic? cause of spread trades easier to do with the pit? just wondering. if IB allows pit access that would be great:)

#17     Dec 1, 2005
  8. JayS

JayS

The meats are the oldest of the oldest old boys club. They will be the very last to see electronic volume, you ever been down to see them at the merc, gotta love the dry erase boards in the milk pit. :p

#18     Dec 1, 2005
  9. thanx jay. thats what i thought. i guess i better get to chicago one day and see the pits before they are gone

#19     Dec 1, 2005
  10. they won't go, i'd say. downscaled maybe. many of these contracts are not even suitable for electronic trading due to the low liquidity that is being spread over many expirations.

#20     Dec 1, 2005