Trading E-Mini's

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ZebProctor, Jun 8, 2005.

1. For most of them “extremely well” is trying not to lose money. It’s indeed highly credible if you can more or less break even or lose money.

Jealous losers are people that attack others but cannot be objective. They try to ridiculize others and if necessary they even pretend that postings with signals, made in advance, never were posted. Especially if these postings would be successful. They tell themselves continuously: it’s not true.
    Until they believe it themselves. Denial is their reaction to protect themselves against frustration.

#51     Jun 20, 2005
  2. I truly believe that there has never been successful traders posting on these journals who make a living trading...99% ego puffing BS...myself included...for now....today...realtime...exit signal showing....

#52     Jun 20, 2005
  3. did you make any realtime calls? all i remember were after the fact manual backtested grail trades, and one very vague 'the market is going up today' posting before the fact. maybe i missed something skimming it. certainly didn't strike me as a credible record, especially since it was set up as a holy grail teaser thread, but who knows

you never know, it's a giveaway to me when someone asserts anything as a certainty. it helps to know what you don't know

in our case, a lot was lost in translation, i truly never intended to present your claim out of context as i said. i was just skimming and posting quickly, and my opinion was based on all of the information you presented, definitely not dependent on that one piece of information. if you're real you're real. your obsession with it strengthens my opinion though

nothing is more credible than true realtime. a manually backtested teaser grail thread is about as sketchy as they come. and that's just an opinion

#53     Jun 20, 2005
  4. The real McCoy has been gone for months, leaving the impersonators behind...........

#54     Jun 20, 2005
  5. highly credible people are sharing, but they're not usually showy about it, just imo

#55     Jun 20, 2005
  6. I used to trust people like u do avid..............credible traders are like credible fishermen....or lawyers, or bankers, or CEO's, or real estate people, or or and so on....the real ones are too busy making money to be here for ego purposes....99% here seem to think lying is okay since they are safe on the other side of the screen.......never risk ur money on what u read here........happy trading

#56     Jun 20, 2005
  7. ideaman

ideaman

Speaking of losses. I've been trading the E-minis, (ER2), for a week now. As of now,I have a 78% to 80% win rate. Out of 19 round trips I have 4 losses. But
    computing the stats I get a different story. It turns out I get a $1.20 loss for each $1.00 I win.

I have noticed on each loss the price hits the stop and when I'm ready to pull the trigger it reverses and goes my way around a 1/4 pt then bam! reverses again and rockets thru my stops causing large losses.

The problem may be I'm using a scalping strategy. I'll give it a few more days then rethink it.

dom

#57     Jun 20, 2005
  8. i get bored waiting for signals and scour et for rare valuable crumbs. what compels me to occasionally post are the people audaciously flaunting the lowest ratios of technical merit to ego. it's a terrible habit.

sorry to take your thread off topic zeb, none of this is in reference to your questions

#58     Jun 20, 2005
  9. volente_00

volente_00

"Let's see...98% out of $5K....that comes out to about...wow! $4900!!!"

Ever hear of $500 daytrade margins ?

5k will let you trade 530k worth of futures.

Now what is 98% of 530k ?

#59     Jun 20, 2005
  10. ideaman

ideaman

Volente:

Who's post are you referring to?

If mine, you want to elaborate?

dom

#60     Jun 20, 2005