Trading E-Mini's

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ZebProctor, Jun 8, 2005.

1. For mini Dow, value per point is $5
    For mini S&P, value per point is $50

#11     Jun 8, 2005
  2. Because for the Dow it's 5$ and for the S&P it's 50$.
    Value per point depends on which futures you take.

#12     Jun 8, 2005
  3. Great, I thank yall many times over! I think I have a good grasp on this now... essentially e-mini trading is like trading securities except for the expiration date (which I am guessing not many people ever make it to), and the margin difference (mainly because there is less risk involved I am guessing)..

Thanks

#13     Jun 8, 2005
  4. So I guess I never figured out if, during the day, is the e-mini trading at the actual price you see on CNBC, or some future price that you have to get somewhere else?

#14     Jun 8, 2005
  5. the Quotes are different b/w futures and actual cash prices. you will need to subcribe to realtime data for e-mini futures

#15     Jun 8, 2005
  6. figured.

#16     Jun 9, 2005
  7. Hey, I just got my hands on the historical data that CME puts out there on the E-mini's..... just looking at it, it looks like one could make a profit just purchasing at the opening price and selling at the closing price (looking mainly at the NQ one), is that possible with the e-mini, to buy at the open and sell right before close?

#17     Jun 9, 2005
  8. No takers?

#18     Jun 10, 2005
  9. Neodude

Neodude

Yes, you can buy at open and sell at close, even buy/sell during after market hours. But keep in mind that if you are using a lot of leverage (i.e. you broker requires only $500 in margin) your position may go against you significantly during the day forcing your broker to liquidate your position before it puts him at risk if your account is small.

-Neo

#19     Jun 10, 2005
  10. ideaman

ideaman

Has anyone here taken or know of anyone who has taken this guy's course on program trading?

HL Camp & Company, Program Trading Research

TIA,

dom

#20     Jun 10, 2005