Trading e-minis with $1k starting capital

Discussion in 'Journals' started by IndexScalper, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Goodbye and goodluck to you IndexS

regards
    f9

Incidentally, John47 does not make sense.
    I will leave it to you to figure out why.

#51     Mar 22, 2008
  2. Combination of DOM reading and charts.

#52     Mar 22, 2008
  3. I was considering posting P/L screenshots to avoid nagging posts like the one above, however, the purpose of this journal is first and foremost to help me overcome some of my problems that prevented me from succeeding in the past. Doing this is a major PIA as it is, even without capturing daily screenshots, so at this time you will have to trust me or if you don't like it, you are welcome to skip my thread or put me on ignore. If I do decide to change my mind in the future, I will either post the screenshots on the Trader P/L thread or here.

#53     Mar 22, 2008
  4. Willing to share any specifics on the type and bar increment for the chart(s) you use?

#54     Mar 22, 2008
  5. I keep my charts nice and simple, 5 and 2 min candles with volume bars.

#55     Mar 22, 2008
  6. ammo

ammo

#56     Mar 22, 2008
  7. Couple of problems that come to mind - pressing harder when nothing is working, eventually leading to digging a big hole or revenge trading after a sudden, unexpected loss. Another issue involves a following scenario: After being up a decent amount on the day with lunch time doldrums approaching, I decide to "round off" my p/l to the next even number (i.e. 960 to 1000). Let's say instead of the intended 40 bucks I lose 30. Now instead of me saying OK, I'll take the 930 and come back after lunch or close the shop and come back tomorrow, I need to get back at least to where I was before (i.e. the original 960). I start looking for setups instead of waiting for the setups to come to me. The end result is usually most or all gains wiped out or worse - ending the day with a loss.

#57     Mar 22, 2008
  8. ammo

ammo

i try not to trade tween 11 -1 cst,more often than not, i give back money at this time,its nice to take a break 17 out of 20 days a month when its not a big trend day

#58     Mar 22, 2008
  9. Yeah, you're totally legit.

It might help you to realize that once we cross these Trials (which are psychological in nature, and faced by every trader who has moved past the entry level and journyman stages), we will have a passport to the land of milk-and honey. :D

Good trading.

#59     Mar 22, 2008
  10. John47

John47

care to tell me what doesn't make sense? This pipe dream you have of scalping futures is something I've done professionally for about two years now, and I clerked for others that do it the two years before that. A good day for me is taking home 5 or so times your account balance.

I mentioned a few tips on what to expect if you ever get to the point where you want scalping futures to actually be a means to make serious income. Maybe what I said doesn't make sense cause you aren't there.

#60     Mar 23, 2008