Trading e-minis with $1k starting capital

Discussion in 'Journals' started by IndexScalper, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Yes it can be done IndexScalper, the question is, can you do it.

Having read this thread, I would say that the odds do not favour you on the ES, simply because you do not appear to understand it.

Anyway, all the best to you.

regards
    f9

#31     Mar 21, 2008
  2. One more point IndexScalper.

Statistically, you have you put yourself in the enviable position of not tolerating any losing days, whether you understand this or not as yet.

From this mindset, you just might succeed.

regards
    f9

#32     Mar 21, 2008
  3. I hope this works for you. I love successful trading stories that defy the odds.

#33     Mar 21, 2008
  4. if you set stop losses at 100 bucks on every trade
    you have 10 trades to get it right
    smaller stop losses and the odds against making money go up in my opinion

#34     Mar 21, 2008
  5. im curious to see if you can do it, but plz post a screenshow of daily p/l for proof :)

#35     Mar 21, 2008
  6. great post...this is exactly where I am at...$10,000 is my next threshold...currently only making one trade per day and it is the most profitable I've been ever in trading...great post Austinp...and wow...amazing what you did...$1,000 to $60,000+...

#36     Mar 21, 2008
  7. INDEX.. good luck on your trading.. most futures firms will cut you off when your down to your last 500.00 in account period. so he would only have 5-6 100.00 losses in a row actually. it can be done, he said he was using about 1100.00 for 1 contract & see what he can do. its a challenge for him thats all. you can trade 1 contract with 10 k in your account & if your not a good risk manager you can blow up all the same . managing small losses & capital preservation should be the traders # 1 priority regardless of experience or account size.. discipline to follow your gamplan can be rewarding. we should encourage others to trade their own way regardless of our own opinions, keeping it interesting & positive on this site for once.

#37     Mar 21, 2008
  8. morreo

morreo

Hey! Best of luck to you. Question: Who are you using to execute your trades?

#38     Mar 22, 2008

9. You do not understand the ES mgabriel.

Who in their right mind would scalp the ES with a eight tic stop.

regards
    f9

#39     Mar 22, 2008
  10. scorpion ...

I agree that we should encourage other traders to employ their own style ... no matter how unconventional. But when that style is "kamakazie" in nature we should point it out so the individuale has the opportunity to rethink it.

Once someone comes here and lays out their "plan" I think it is fair to assume they want the comments. Otherwise, why show it to us?

#40     Mar 22, 2008