Trading e-minis with $1k starting capital

Discussion in 'Journals' started by IndexScalper, Mar 20, 2008.

1. a) how much do you pay in commissions?

and

b) how scalable is your system?

GL

#11     Mar 20, 2008
  2. His net is 363

#12     Mar 20, 2008
  3. As I outlined in my first post, my trading style is scalping. Most of my trades last from a few seconds to about a minute, very rarely beyond that. My entries are based on very specific setups (that I'm not going to discuss) and they usually produce immediate results. The setups occur with a high frequency so naturally they produce a lot of trades. I attempt to trade every valid setup, doing otherwise would be counterproductive to my system.

#13     Mar 20, 2008
  4. If this person has a razor sharp edge... knows exactly when to enter/exit and doesn't deviate from the strategy... has a high enough proven win rate... knows exactly how much they can lose per trade... then I frankly don't see why a 1k account or a 100k account will make a difference in whether they make money or not.

#14     Mar 20, 2008
  5. And his P&L before commissions was 723. Minus 360 for comm. and you are left with 363.

We don't know exactly how much his comm. are though...just guessing.

#15     Mar 20, 2008
  6. To IndexScalper...Go For IT!!!...Best trading to you!...what daytrade margin are you using for the ER2 and ES...$300 or $500???...also, may I ask, what profession or occupation are you in that allows you to trade '72 R/T's' on a given day?...where does your living income come from?...do you have a normal job 9-5 or work at night and can trade part of the day?..just curious how that works for you as obviously this is not your primary source of living income...best trading to you!

#16     Mar 20, 2008
  7. My commission is in the low 4's, I think I could do better. I will address that once my account gets to a more respectable level.
    I estimate that my system will work up to about 100 cars on the ES and up to 10 cars on the ER2 during RTH session.

#17     Mar 20, 2008
  8. I'm sold, where is the website that I can plug my CC number into?

#18     Mar 20, 2008
  9. Alegnus

Alegnus

You can get ~$3.60/RT for over 1000 RTs per month at AMP using the OE platform, if that helps. I haven't tried them yet.

#19     Mar 20, 2008
  10. Fascinating experiment Indexscalper.

Are you using fixed size profit targets and stop losses (brackets)? If so, what size on the ES and ER2?

Thanks.

Sandy

#20     Mar 20, 2008