Trading e-mini S&P 500's

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by BearHunter, Jun 10, 2005.

1. nkhoi

nkhoi

look out, here they come :D

#11     Jun 11, 2005
  2. wow! people are harsh here! you don't have to share if you don't want to. i was just going along with the alien joke that lefty brought up. no i'm not an alien nor an investment advisor (anymore at least). to be honest, i just quit as an investment advisor because as many of you may know, it's pure sales. i went to school for statistics and math and i wanted to do something more technical, hence, i am now a trader. many of you may also know that becoming a trader at a prop firm often requires no experience. so there you have it. i'm just a poor college graduate looking for some help. don't reveal your trading secrets. i'll change my request to just some recommendations on reading material.

btw, the reason why i ask is because at my company, no one has EVER graduated from training ES to trading live. i just wanted a bit of help because obviously i have a tough task at hand.

thanks for those that help. there are a ton of smart and experienced traders here. i now realize (by reading a bunch of threads) that trading techniques are derived from yourself through an incredible amount of time spent practicing and learning. i understand why people may be reluctant to just 'give it away'.

#12     Jun 11, 2005
  3. You really didn't understand NihaAshi's comment. This is why you got this result. There is a spririt in which you can approach a good trader that will inspire him or her to respond. He is correct. Your approach was clumsy.

"People are harsh here"

I don't thnk so. What is true is that people are human here. Those of us who actually make money have had to work hard to find a way to do it. In my experience, there are many here who would be glad to help, if you approach them in a sensible way. Taking 5 minutes to read some of the posts and do a little research of your own FIRST would probably be a good idea.

Good luck

Lefty.

#13     Jun 11, 2005
  4. *sigh*

i just wrote a long ass post but my PC froze.

the point that you're bringing across is not harsh, the means is harsh. no need to be rude, but hey, maybe that's just how you operate.

remember i'm new to trading (1 week). i'm slowly becoming aware of the trader's culture. it's a rat race and so why should anyone feel like helping the next person when there's no mutual advice? my first post is history as far as i'm concerned... now i'm asking for a good book recommendation.

do not share your trading strategies with me as i have not even started a discussion which i should have -- lesson learned. i'm not threatening you in any way to give me strategies so there's no need to be angry. my guess is that you see this so often that it just sets you off, which is very understandable, but i believe it's unecessary.

i do fully understand his post lefty. it's pretty clear in my post. but really, there's no need to nitpick at small insignificant statements in my post.

anyways, this post may seem incoherent but it's the best i can do after trying to remember what i just posted before having my PC screw up.

i'm still looking for book recommendations for trading. technical analysis, trading psychology, trading strategies, etc.

please recommend only if you want to. thanks!!!!

have a great day!!

#14     Jun 11, 2005
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

would you laugh your head off if you know some ' investment advisor ' go around asking for workable method :D anyway here is an example of how would you go about asking for help http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10118

#15     Jun 11, 2005
  6. LMAO. it's funny how people continue to nitpick at insignificant things.

you obviously know nothing about the investment consulting industry. i was working behind the scenes as a student and i become an investment advisor upon graduation. it is 98% sales. you really know nothing until you take that role. the people here implying that it's pathetic that an investment advisor is asking how to trade futures should really do their research. being an IA does not equate to being a good trader. we make our money by getting people to buy DSC mutual funds and various other products. we SELL. we do not day trade. we wear suits and buy people lunch. send out marketing material such as newletters and invitations. please understand the difference.

i quit because (like i said before) i didn't enjoy being a sales person.

anyway thanks for the link! suggestion noted

#16     Jun 11, 2005
  7. in all honesty..if ur tryin to scalp the ES...look around ET (especially recent posting) see how many people are successsful trading the ES

its a very difficuly market as there is not much that Leads its

techincall analysis..at least INTER DAY has been very goofy

that being said...there are 1000's of other instruments to trade

the russel..fx has been hot, stocks ,etc

also..if u watch carefully at teh SPEED of the ES..you obviously know your fighting against MANY programs

i dont like fighting computers.....
    d

#17     Jun 15, 2005
  8. thanks drock for the first positve reply, i appreciate it

i'm still learning

#18     Jun 18, 2005