Trading during Conference Calls

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by chs245, Feb 29, 2004.

1. i've tried this several times. haven't seen any reaction yet. but will try again tomorrow.

#11     Mar 10, 2004
  2. Expect to listen to 10 to 15 conference calls for every one trading opportunity - its about putting the time in and only trading when there is real news - also, just a note the webcasts often lag behind the audio from phoning into a conference call by several seconds --

#12     Mar 10, 2004
  3. aegidus

aegidus

I agree about the phone conference vs webcast, however, SanDisk had a great powerpoint presentation at their last conference...

It's true that one has to listen to several conferences in order to recognize news that will create a strong price movement. But when one can recognize the news and its psychological impact, and one has the funds, the profit can be tremendous. I'm happy with a six-figure profit for each recognized revelation. I realize that I am not a 'Trader' with this approach and I admire 'Traders' who have the temperment and the skill (and the hardware/ software) to make money on the momentum and price movement regardless of the message in a conference.

Aegidus

#13     Mar 11, 2004