Trading Dreams

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Aug 3, 2009.

1. I dream of the ex. I dream of the market. I dream of the ex. I dream of the market. I dream of the ex. I dream of the market. My deep associative mind is telling me the market is a bitch. Manipulative. Inscrewtable.

#11     Aug 4, 2009
  2. Readers, I thank you for your kind forbearance. Periodically I feel obliged to verify my irrelevance on ET. Somehow it affirms my self worth. I will close with this observation. If I am dreaming the market at night, am I also dreaming it during the day? I dream support and resistance and price seeking volume. Others apparently dream channels and see faces in the clouds of volume. Countless others have countless other delusions. All I know for sure is, I make more money trading in my dreams.

#12     Aug 4, 2009

3. One night you dream of the market going against u big time, you lose a big chunk of your account, you wake up with a cold sweat, you hear your heart pounding fast inside your rib cage, you tell yourself: it's just a dream. Then you try to go back to sleep, but you can't. Toward daybreak, you drift into subconsciousness and the nightmare re-visits you, you are startled, you decide to stay awake.......Suddenly you see your ex walking into the room, you are startled again, realizing you have just had another dream.

#13     Aug 4, 2009
  4. Eight

Eight

Be the trade... what a concept.. when basket shooting was my zen I'd "be the ball" and just want to go through the hoop so bad but usually I'd visualize myself scraping skin off my back, getting my head tangled up in the net and then flailing my way all the way to the ground and just laying there temporarily unable to breathe and hurting after taking an uncontrolled ten footer to a bad landing..

I'm thinking some Lysergic Acid Diethylamide could carry a person in the direction of "being the trade" but from my experience likely it would be a sideways trade with exits to the right and the left or an upward run that went off the computer screen and continued to infinity while I was sitting there saying "look, I can catch that computer mouse"....

#14     Aug 4, 2009
  5. Given that sympathetic feedback I hesitate to tell you one of my better trading dreams. When I was a kid in Appalachia we learned what they called then "country" dancing, akin to today's shit-kicker line dancing but directly in the Scots tradition. They were kind enough to let me learn even though I was obviously quite Welsh. In the dream, which later turned out to be unexpectedly productive of predictive code, the participants in the market form two lines, one for limit order and one for market order traders. The dance master then proceeds to call dance moves throughout the trading day to the two lines. I subsequently found that there are in fact five such dances in the markets. Do-se-dough. So I play a lot of Playford, Susato, and Praetorius while trading. Those who believe my posts are a challenge to the credulity of ET are quite right.

#15     Aug 4, 2009
  6. been following your posts
    i completely understand
    the way i found my edge
    was in a dream. in it i was actually
    just doing it matter of fact i woke up and was in seventh haven cause i knew i had it
    i struggled for years learning to identify top and bottoms - was never into the pullback stuff -
    these days i look at my charts and think how can it be no body sees this

#16     Aug 5, 2009
  7. Thank you for sharing. I suspect that others have had such experiences but don't remember them, thinking that a flash of insight while awake originated in the moment. In closing, let me make the point that a classical education DOES have value in trading. One night I dreamt of Blakean fearful symmetries, seeing them on a chart.

#17     Aug 5, 2009
  8. robunicu

robunicu

Hmmm, Quite interesting... i guess im still waiting on my dream to fully be comfortable, or better yet fully understand, everything i see in front of my screen. But i have to agree with your posts that maybe not for all, but many people need to visualize the charts or market in a different way to fully understand it.

#18     Aug 5, 2009
  9. You will know you have arrived at lucid chart dreaming when you get a boner during one.

#19     Aug 5, 2009
  10. You sure it wasn't because you heard a sheep going "baaahhh" near the window of your trailer?

#20     Aug 5, 2009