Trading Dow YM for a career

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Spectra, Jan 11, 2007.

1. After trading futures myself for a number of years (since 1970) I
    started a service that provides trading recommendations and commentary solely on the CBOT Dow e-mini YM.

I know a lot of you on the forum here are experienced in trading index futures (ES, YM, ER, AB) and would like your criticism or praise as the case may be to our trading room.

If it meets your standards I would appreciate the good review or reply.

If you hate it you are free to make that comment as well. Since I try to
    provide advice to the novice as well as the seasoned trader, sometimes things
    can get confusing, especially if I tell the new trader to stay out of the
    market, perhaps in choppy times or when the Fed is making an announcement.

Thanks! Much appreciated.
    Alex L. Wasilewski

2. Your posted results certainly look good. Im a bit puzzled tho. Just looking at the entry for yesterday where you shorted at 12465 at 10:09. YM never got to that price level until around 10:45. What time zone are you in? Am I not reading this correctly?

3. There was a typo in the excel sheet. It's being fixed right now. Thanks for pointing it out.

4. Better check the day before also because some of those did not check out either.

5. notouch

notouch

You have some very nice simple methods on your website that obviously do work very well. They make a nice change from the usual basic or obscure indicators that most similar websites use. I have never paid for a signal provider and never will but I'd definitely recommend you to any newbie.

6. I have listened to your podcasts, a few things are unclear?

What is your typical Reward to Risk Ratio? Is it 1 to 1 or better?

After to listening to the podcast it appeared that you call a trade, a target, and then a stop. Am I correct? The reason I ask, and it concerns me, is that I would never want to get into a trade that you or anyone called out before knowing the risk. Especially if you call a trade out, members quickly put in orders and then you say the stop is twice what the target is.

On a positive note I did like the fact that it appears calls are exact entry and exact, not vague as some other rooms.

Dan

7. Id be curious about that too because your first short on 1/9 immediately went over 25 points against you before finally turning around. Do you normally use that wide a stop?

8. Hi Bearbelly,

We use two kinds of trades and try to work with two kinds of traders. The first group are the newer traders who have either lost at trading like I did for the first 4 years or more experienced people who already have a decent method.

If you see a trade with more than 25 points of risk it is probably the maxspan that uses a 40 point stop.

The others are Trigger calls that typically use between a 12 to 18 point stop depending upon the Filters.

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com

9. Here is a Puretick trading call.

I could not find out where Beaver is trolling but you can buy S+P and YM at the market.

Beaver and Jimmy Jam can take the opposite side of the trade.

Then those poor slobs can not have an excuse that our 10.00 trial and 299.00 per month room fee is too much.

Alex L. Wasilewski
    Co-Founder & Head Trader
    Trades That Work
    www.puretick.com
    1-877-GOLONG1 (1-877-465-6641)

10. To Alex/Spectra...as far as your trading the YM...for you only personally...on average, how many YM contracts do you trade at a time?...per "all in, all out trades"...2,4,6,8 etc....and on average, how many trades per day?...thanks...I think it is interesting to hear especially considering the topic "trading Dow YM for a career"...thanks and appreciate your posts...

#10     Feb 27, 2008