Trading Desks?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toonces, Jan 16, 2004.

1. baum

baum

I thought you are searching for multi-monitor-setups too.

#21     Jan 18, 2004
  2. How much weight can one of those particle board top folding utility tables handle? Enough for 3 big crt's? I know from watching Smackdown that they can't handle a 275 pound wrestler off the top rope.

#22     Jan 18, 2004
  3. #23     Jan 18, 2004
  4. kowboy

kowboy

Excuse me SIR:??

And I use the word sir loosely, judging by the language and demeanor of your previous post. But Toonces and a few others inquired about a desk for trading. Presumably for the at home daytrader. And presumably not in the context of an in the office "trading desk" as you presume. So the picture posted satisfies the modest needs of the in home daytrader such as myself. The post was not meant to impress anyone, especially someone such as yourself, but was offered as a helpful alternative to purchasing a retail version.

I assume you use an actual professional trading desk as you call it. By the way, who actually uses the professional version of a trading desk most? An employee, or a proptrader with not enough capital of his own, having to split the cut with the house, or what else. The few successful traders I am aware of have simple accommodations.

As you can see, I especially don't care what you think. Good day to you.

#24     Jan 18, 2004
  5. I have a professional drafting table that I got from a civil engineering firm. It's called the "Desk O Matic" no joke. It has a huge table top and you can adjust it from a sitting height to stading height by stepping on a pedal. It has springs so you don't have to lift it all by yourself. I'm in the process of refinishing the top-sanding, staining and buffing. I cut the top so it curves around when I pull the chair up to it. This is the closest picture I can find of one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2374070798&category=20497

Mine is not electronic though.

#25     Jan 19, 2004
  6. Kap

Kap

Good question, I use 2 Ikea corner pieces for 6 + 2 monitors - around 200£-300$, I would prefer to stack them 2*3 but have not been able to find suitable furniture in the UK to do this, 6 *19in Sonys come in at quite a weight but they keep u warm in the winter :)

#26     Jan 19, 2004
  7. Toonces

Toonces

I talked to a guy at theagroup. He suggested (for lcd's) getting mounts (like Ergotron) that hold 2 or 4 monitors and stacking the moniors 2 high. To avoid having to look up too high to see the top monitors, you put the mounts on a shelf behind your desk. The shelf sits a few inches lower than the desk, so the bottom viewing area of the lower monitors will be just above the desk.

#27     Jan 20, 2004
  8. My trading desk is $85 at Staples and I am happy with it. This desk can handle four 213T with out problem

#28     Jan 26, 2004
  9. I was at ING's trading floor in Amsterdam a while back and they had hundreds of those. They were awesome, you hit a button and the desk raises up so you can stand and trade. Fantastic stuff, I only I had the cheddar.........

#29     Jan 26, 2004
  10. A door from Home Depot supported by 2 file cabinets. Massive space, strong as hell, file space for assorted stuff.

Jay

#30     Jan 27, 2004