Trading Daily & 4 Hour Charts Using Extremely Simplified Money Management Technique

Discussion in 'Trading' started by JSSPMK, May 22, 2008.

1. G-Boa

G-Boa

so if you're stopped out 5 times in a row at 10-pt stop, you are looking to catch that 6th, or whatever, time and ride it to exit?? on that 1 contract, how many points do you expect your target to be??

#31     May 23, 2008
  2. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

And I say, why wait till 50p stop, when you can get out @-10 :), there is no such thing as an adequate amount stop per specific instrument, you either use amount based on far away support & resistance zones or you reduce them down to support & resistance zones taken from the time frame you are basing your trade on.

#32     May 23, 2008
  3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Correct, as long as pattern is still valid I will stubbornly continue to trade same level and get stopped out for -10.

A minimum of x10 the risk per 1 trade ie 100points, but I will try & get closer to 300 points YM, I think that is reasonable amount

I believe I will come out b/e at the very least, like in Black Jack when played by the safe rules

#33     May 23, 2008
  4. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Appreciate the comments Osorico, TY!

Concept is wrapped round a wonderful word - simplicity :)

#34     May 23, 2008
  5. G-Boa

G-Boa

reminds me of the quote: "90% of my profits come from 10% of my trades".

good luck, it'll be nice to follow along this thread.

#35     May 23, 2008
  6. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

There will be no scaling out of trades, because there is just 1 lot. So please don't advise me to scale out :)

#36     May 23, 2008
  7. jagmot

jagmot

true, just think 10pts is noise and 50pts gets you out of the noise. perhaps i will trade it with you using 50 (if thats cool w/ you).

#37     May 23, 2008
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

And here is the beef, I might not be able to post in real-time, I will however post the very first entry in real-time. I don't feel there is the need to post in real-time as all stops are mechanical in nature, strictly -10 points, but I will however post all trades with slippage & commision breakdowns.

#38     May 23, 2008
  9. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

If you are OK with risks involved, I can't stop you from doing whatever you want to do, I assume you are an adult.

NONE OF THESE TRADES TO BE TREATED AS RECOMMENDATIONS TO ENTER INTO A TRADE/S. THIS IS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY.

50 points can be within noise just as 10 points can be or even 100 points :)

#39     May 23, 2008
  10. opt789

opt789

After two decades it has been known to happen occasionally.:)

I think I see where you are trying to go with this, and once you actually start trading then some of our questions, and yours as well, should be answered. I would wish you luck, but your talent and hard work should make that an irrelevant concept.

#40     May 23, 2008