Trading Crypto

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by Trader Curt, Feb 5, 2019.

1. It is a bumpy ride for you because you traded long in 2018 when the trend is a severe downwards spiral with most altcoins losing more than 90%.

#11     Feb 13, 2019
    Trader Curt likes this.
  2. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

That's true, and also while learning how to trade.

It can be pretty challenging trading crypto, but I'm sure it gets way better after you figure out how the markets work.

#12     Feb 14, 2019
  3. Cryptocurrency as a way of investment isn't dead, only the approach is changed. Instead of long-term investment, short-term trading is becoming more popular :cool:

By the way, not only raising of prices allow traders to earn money on cryptos. A few people knows that Forex has cryptocurrency trading too and the option of Short selling is available there. Short selling option allows traders to earn money on the interest rate falling!! :caution: It's a very good approach that I've been using for the last year. If you don't know which forex broker has crypto accounts, I may share with you my broker JustForex.

#13     Feb 21, 2019
    Trader Curt likes this.
  4. Nobert

Nobert

I wonder, how many ppl use their 1 : 3000 leverage successfuly.

I thought 1:30 is deadly. ( for newbies )

#14     Feb 21, 2019
  5. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

When you trade cryptocurrency over Forex, do you actually own the coin you are trading?

I've been doing a bit of shorting lately. You must be extremely careful because the crypto market is starting to turn very bullish, and it would suck to be stuck out of a position when Bitcoin retests the 20k mark again.

#15     Feb 21, 2019
    Winjak likes this.
  6. Winjak

Winjak

Yeap, that's why it's better to set lower rates. Everyone can set it on its own

#16     Feb 22, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  7. Winjak

Winjak

You're right. usually, in order not to lose all the money traders use Stop Losses and set other triggers. It helps a trader to close the deal automatically when price reach the amount indicated earlier. These manipulations can be easily checked on free practice account. Well, every smart investor shall get acquinted with it before spending money

#17     Feb 22, 2019
    Trader Curt likes this.
  8. You are a true believer! Before it retests that, it has to get back above 6K, 10K, 12K, etc. I am extremely skeptical that it will ever get back to 20k but I know it has to get through these other levels first.

#18     Feb 22, 2019
  9. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

True. And remember when Bitcoin hit the 20k last year, it was when barely any company had interest in it. Now with more and more companies jumping on board we should see some significant action this year

#19     Feb 22, 2019
  10. Let the price action justify the hype.

#20     Feb 26, 2019