Trading courses

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gifropan, Jan 20, 2010.

1. There seems to be no end to various "successful" traders who are happy to share their knowledge with you and teach you how to make money from trading. It does raise the question that if they are so successful, making 10s or 100s or thousand of dollars a year, why do they need to go through the trouble of advertising and marketing their knowledge for a few hundred dollars or less.

I acknowledge that this is a skeptic view but I cannot seem to be able to find a sound logical reason as to why anyone would do that.

If any one of ET members perhaps knows differently, I would appreciate your comments and perhaps if you know of a genuine trader who is making money and also has a useful course you can recoomend them.

Thanks

2. Oliver Velez said that if you teach someone, it will teach you as well. I mean some traders will better understand their method when they find ways to explain it to someone else.

That being said, I think you'd almost have to walk in their shoes for a while as the old Inuit saying goes to understand how/why their methods work.

I like the book "Forex Patterns and Probabilities" by Ed Ponsi. Even if you didn't want to trade Forex, there's some fundamentals on trading there I find essential.

Being skeptical is one thing, being open-minded is another.

3. Would it really help you alot if you undergo in one of these trading courses?

Sometimes I think, all you need is your brain and confidence and of course money.

4. More importantly, common sense....respect for your investment and take plenty of time to learn....

NEVER pay charlatans, and that is what they are, unless they provide bone fide real time performance, which will NEVER happen....

NiN

5. Lethn

Lethn

You're exactly right in being skeptical gifropan. I'm of the opinion also that the twats around here who constantly claim that people showing their earnings etc. are fakes are really just trying to dig around for their trading ideas because they're bloody useless in what they do and are looking for easy money.

Same goes for these people claiming they have brilliant systems and if you pay them they'll give it. They're just all people looking to try and cash in easy.

6. Yes I understand, but most of the time, it would be better to be out in the real world than stay in these training classes.

Things taught inside the classrooms are VERY different in the REAL world.

7. Madeoff

Madeoff

I found this site where they talk a little about all aspects of the financial industry, and it seems like they have more information on options, technical analysis and fundamental analysis then other areas. That should give you basics on some of the stuff, there is no trading courses, however they do have some sort of system in place that starts off with crawl, walk then run. Seems like a good place to start before you start spending money...

www.financialsaint.com