Trading conditions

Discussion in 'Trading' started by candletrader, Aug 29, 2001.

1. "Ouch. Today hurt. Firstly, I almost assumed I'd take 10-25k on bvsn. I was very confident. I don't mind loosing 3k there, that was a VERY high odds play, and I'd do it again in a second. I got nuked on pvn though. I lost in total $10,600 today

"VERY high odds play"... based on WHAT??? Your GUT??? The mere fact BVSN was DOWN the last week??? WHY?? What SPECIFICALLY made this a "VERY high odds play" besides your "gut"? How about a little objective analysis from you?? Your "gut" just ain't cuttin' it man!

GET REAL MAN!!

#41     Sep 5, 2001
  2. I must agree with short 'n fool. I too would like to hear a sane rationale for going long BVSN. The fact that it's already fallen a great deal and is somehow *due* to bounce is one of the weakest justifications for a trade that exists. By any technical analysis measurement ----- very much including any counter-trend methodology ----- BVSN is about as bad as a chart can get. This is somehow a high-odds play? I must be missing something, or TA has no merit at all. Maybe it will bounce eventually, but until it actually shows some signs, some glimmer of doing so, until prices actually go up a tick or two, I can't imagine going long such a grotesque chart. A classic case of trying to catch a falling knife!

#42     Sep 5, 2001
  3. Babak

Babak

armaniman, take a look at EXDS (June 11th to June 21st 2001)

trading patterns is about probabilities.

remember that and move on

#43     Sep 5, 2001
  4. Babak, c'mon with that BS. Just tell in rational terms...why do the the trade??

Cant believe the BS that flys here! lol.

#44     Sep 5, 2001
  5. shortnfool... Do you want a list of trades that look like exds what I made at least 50% on. Think of it. Most people don't make 50% in a year. I've pulled it over and over on just a 3 day trade. That's the point. This has been the exception. I'll risk a nickle as a stop in the expectation of making a 50%+ gain whenever I am given the chance. Furthermore, I'd do this trade again and again with no qualms. Please move on. I think you have pages of explanation. If not please read my 2 20+ page threads where I have documented in real time multiple trades that bear an uncanny resemblence to bvsn and I banked hugely.
    -----------------------------------
    Today was so/so. I made 2.5 pts avg on 6k of coco, but I regret selling my shares too soon. I really should have made more on it. I also lost about 6k on my first coco attempt today, which cut into what could have been an amazing day. I am still long some pvn calls that I picked at 1.3-1.5 today.

#45     Sep 5, 2001
  6. Yeah...right prae...i understand PERFECTLY! :D

#46     Sep 5, 2001
  7. Today was a somewhat interesting day. I expected follow through from yesterday, and I was initially disappointed. However, when the prior day trend re-asserted itself, I entered on the short-side. I exited on a discretionary basis on a weakening to the lower Bollinger Band prior to the Dead Zone. Within the dead zone, I did some scalping but with minimal profitability. I caught the MSFT-induced market boost in the afternoon through a couple of trades. Today, for me, was a reasonable day, but nothing special.

Pictorial commentary is on:
    http://www.geocities.com/rangecontraction/sep5.html

RESPECTED MEMBERS:
    Those of you who have been here for a while will be fully aware of the language, tone and exploits of some rather pathetic individuals who occassionaly pollute these boards. Rather than respond to them, I suggest that you
    a) put them on permanent ignore through the enhanced functionality that Baron has supplied us.
    b) read their commentary, pity them for it and simply don't respond. By responding to them you give them an excuse to pollute further. Just my 2 cents.

Their sole raison d'etre is to irritate. By responding, you become their victim. For notes on the Ignore function see the very first post on this entire thread.

SUGGESTED LIST OF INDIVIDUALS TO IGNORE:
    1) MISTERMARK
    2) TRADERX
    3) SHORTNFOOL

#47     Sep 5, 2001
  8. white

white

candletrader,

Thanks for posting your charts; it’s very generous. Let me ask you a question, why do you use candlesticks, is it worth the time to learn to read them?

thanks

White

#48     Sep 6, 2001
  9. I use candles because they work for me better than anything else. They show the action in the clearest and most comprehensive way, in my opinion. Read books by Nison.

#49     Sep 6, 2001
  10. Ass poor day. I made 77 bucks. That's below minimum wage right? Anyway, I had one winner today, everything else was crap. I added some more pvn calls. I have the feeling that that position is gonna come back to really bite me hard in a few days. I'm gonna keep my capital free overnight though besides those calls cause I can't wait for a big decline day to really load up. Tomorrow might be it.

#50     Sep 6, 2001