Trading computer + 3 Samsung 19 inch monitors + Ergotron stand

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FrankSlaughtery, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Instead of $150 each, buy them on eBay for $50-ish or less. The $300 you save can be your stash of Fat Tire. However, 3, 295s won't run 8 monitors. (The TigerDirect.com reviewer is an idiot. Compares the NVS 295 to a $500 gaming card... ridiculous.)

As for 24" monitors... wouldn't know what to suggest. Maybe go by the quality of reviews from buyers... suggest you get 1920x1200 resolution rather than 1920x1080. Don't forget Dell Outlet for monitors... same warranty as new.

With that said and if I were in your shoes, I'd first try 4, ASUS VW266h (25.5", 1920x1200, for about $279 ea). You could always add more if desired.

#21     Sep 3, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

Which cards do you recommend to drive four of the 25.5's you recommend? I could start with one stand that way too. Save a little money.

AND, if I move up to eight 25.5's, how many cards would I need total?

I wish I knew computers like you, bolimomo, and the sunshine killer.

#22     Sep 3, 2010
  3. Each NVS 295 will drive 1 or 2, monitors... up to and including 30", 2560 x 1600, if the monitor has DP cable. If the DVI-DP adapter is used, only 1920x1200.

If you want to run 8 monitors, you'll need 4, NVS 295s.... or use 1 or 2 quads.

If you must use Ergotron stands, wouldn't 2 each of 2x2 be much less expensive than 1 of 4x2?

#23     Sep 3, 2010
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

I take it you don't like those ergotron stands. I'd love to have a setup like Maestro, but don't need that much real estate.:D

Think I'm getting this narrowed down to what I need. Thanks Scat!

#24     Sep 3, 2010
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

OP, post some pics, and I will send this link to some traders I know.

#25     Sep 3, 2010
  6. Kind of expensive and can be unwieldy, but perhaps a necessity where space is limited.

#26     Sep 3, 2010
  7. Here's a pic. Any questions just PM or reply to post. LEAPup thanks for passing this along!

#27     Sep 3, 2010
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Does unwieldy mean it may tip over?:eek:

If so, I'm out!!!!!! I don't want an unstable setup. I don't sponsor a "running of the bulls" :)D ) in my home or office, but don't want the stand tipping over with some simple "jarring, minor movement," etc.,

#28     Sep 4, 2010
  9. I've used an ergotron stand for 3 years and I've never had any problems with it. It's made out of aluminum/steel and is extremely well built. LEAPup I wouldn't worry about it being unstable b/c it's not. Not only do you save desk space but you also get a more streamlined setup.

#29     Sep 4, 2010
  10. They're designed to not tip over... some, I believe, can be anchored to the desk. However, when you have to move 3, 4, or 6 monitors more than just a little bit, it's awkwardly bulky and a fair amount of weight. Besides, the stands really only make sense when monitors are mounted over/under. If they are side-by-side, you usually don't pick up any usable space under the monitors.

#30     Sep 4, 2010