Trading Chaos

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by osho67, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Hi Babak,

you are right when it comes to his so called sophisticated approach concerning chaos and fractals and what have you. Their is nothing sophisticated about it. But on the other hand you have to admit that he is quite open with his trading approach, it is very easy to replicate his formulas. I know a lot of other people who want to sell you their product as a black box.

#11     Aug 6, 2005
  2. lennet you actually been making money with this stuff??????????????

#12     Aug 6, 2005
  3. Hi Sunnyskies,

what can i say, yes i do make money with it. It's a trendfollowing system like many others with the same pros and cons such systems have.
    I enjoyed reading Bill's books, implemented his stuff on my computer, made some explorations and backtests and found out: it works for me.

regards Lennetkann

#13     Aug 8, 2005
  4. sayz

sayz

I am also reading Bills' book and find it is interesting.

Nice to see there is a forum here.

I am also trying to setup the alligator lines to match with Investor's Dream. But I can't do that. It should be some more parameter I am missing.

I find that the line similar to Investor's Dream alligator lines

Green 8-smoothed moving average
    Red 13-smoothed moving average
    Blue 21-smoothed moving average

which different from his books.

#14     Aug 21, 2005
  5. Aegean

Aegean

The exact Alligator settings are:
    Blueline EMA 25-8 of h+l/2
    Redline EMA 15-5 of h+l/2
    Greenline EMA 9-3 of h+l/2

of course this is a indicator piece of a whole method
    which i believe is the best trend following i've seen
    so far...but you have to know when and where to apply it.

#15     Aug 21, 2005
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

I find it hilarious that the guy baits with "trading chaos" and then he switches to the ol' Fibber McGee numerology. :D :D :D

#16     Aug 21, 2005
  7. I'm with Babak on this. I once sat in on a session he gave at a conference. I was embarrassed for him.

Secondly, you have to doubt anyone who calls a specific set of moving averages "fractals", and generally misuses mathematical terms and concepts.

#17     Aug 21, 2005
  8. There is something about the crap some people put into their advertising. But nevertheless the trend following methods are rather reliable and they do work. I would not judge the book by its covers and its title no matter how misleading it might be. The core contents of his books, once you get rid off the crap, are pretty much on the money.

#18     Aug 21, 2005
  9. Babak

Babak

lol ... sounds like someone else we know

#19     Aug 21, 2005