Trading Chairs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by easymon1, Aug 25, 2011.

1. easymon1

easymon1

What's a good/ your favorite make and model trading chair? Where did you get it? Got pics, links?

MarkBrown likes this.
  2. opt789

opt789

3. costco office star big and tall.

4. The problem with chairs is the seat cushion wears out way too fast.

5. Any recliner with a nice thick foam rubber cushion on the sea. Ahhh!!!!
    And just relax.:D

6. I added an exercise ball in addition to the office chair. I switch off between the two, and the stability ball helps to keep my back healthy and increase blood flow to the legs.
    They are really nice, they just work well.

zdreg and VPhantom like this.
  7. bighog

bighog Guest

MarkBrown and ucf_student like this.
  8. First think about it:
    What happens if you do not use some muscles?

Even with healthy young men muscles get weaker in a very short time if they are not used.

Therefore all the chairs that provide more "comfort" for the person sitting on it will result in causing muscle degradation, back pain and possibly even more worse things (prolaps).

Best is to have body positions which keep some load on the muscles.

Some people think: "Ok, I'll sit for 6 hours in that comfortable chair and then I'll have 30 minutes workout."
    But that's completely different (much worse) than having 6 hours small activity in the back muscles.

(Also: Might it be better to trade in a body position that would allow to sleep or in a position that requires the senses to be activated?)

To achieve this something like this item would do the job:
    http://www.amazon.com/TKO-Anti-Burst-Fitness-Ball/dp/B000FH2W4A

(Drawback is it needs quite some space and doesn't look so good.)

This kind of chair would also be ok:
    http://www.amazon.com/Boss-Beige-Caressoft-Medical-Stool/dp/B0019QGVJ8

Another solution is to put something like this on top of a simple chair:
    http://www.amazon.com/GOGO-Balance-Exercise-Training-Stability/dp/B001KOD92Q

As often cheaper does not mean worse.

Sitting all the time should be avoided.
    You need frequent changes of body position: Sitting, standing, moving around.

It's even evidence based knowledge that when already back pain is present it is better to keep the back moving instead of immobilizing it.

vic38 likes this.
  9. i don't want to start a war on the interweb about chairs of all things but i don't think anyone on here except the one poster would ever consider using a big ball to sit on (please don't make any jokes - they're too easy for us ET'ers:D ).

a lot of us spend 12 hours or more sitting in a chair every weekday. can you imagine doing that with perfect posture w/ no back/arm support? how stupid would you feel if you fell off the ball and caused a suffered a huge loss on a trade?

with that being said, obviously everyone can do what they want but i prefer an aeron chair combined w/ exercise everyday.

10. i don't want to start a war on the interweb about chairs of all things but i don't think anyone on here except the one poster would ever consider using a big ball to sit on (please don't make any jokes - they're too easy for us ET'ers ).
    -----------------------------------------------
    wrong!!!!!!

#10     Aug 28, 2011