TRADING CAREER vs POKER CAREER

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by candletrader, Jul 18, 2010.

1. I think you need to compare retail home traders versus home poker players.

#11     Jul 18, 2010
  2. Algo Design

If you are capable of designing a decently profitable no-limit bot, you will be the first person to have done it !!

Candy

#12     Jul 18, 2010
  3. I do know one guy who went from poker to trading. But he got a pretty amazing offer from a bank, so it was an easy decision.

#13     Jul 18, 2010
  4. No, I was responding to something specific: an assertion that the technology available was comparable. It's not, if for no other reasons than the players in one have budgets that make the others look like rounding error.

#14     Jul 18, 2010
  5. I doubt it, if I can think of it than so can every other motherfucker on the planet. I am nothing special, I might have a better than average knack at pattern recognition but that doesn't mean shit in poker without the mathematical backing and historical sample.

#15     Jul 18, 2010
  6. poker died off when the bots showed up years ago. after full tilt and pokerstars got rid of the bots poker numbers are growing like crazy something for the exchanges to take a serious look at

Full Tilt Poker prohibits the use of external player assistance
    programs (EPA Programs) which are designed to provide users with an unfair advantage over their opponents. Full Tilt Poker defines external to mean computer software (other than the Full Tilt Poker game client), and non-software-based databases or profiles (e.g., web sites and subscription services). Full Tilt Poker defines an unfair advantage as a user accessing or compiling information on other players beyond that which the user has personally observed through his or her own game play.

The use of artificial intelligence including, without limitation, "robots" is strictly forbidden in connection with Full Tilt Poker. All actions taken in relation to Full Tilt Poker’s games and tournaments must be executed personally by players through the user interface accessible by use of the game software. You agree that Full Tilt Poker may take steps to detect and prevent the use of prohibited EPA programs. These steps may include, but are not limited to, examination of software programs running concurrently with the Full Tilt Poker software on the player’s computer.

#16     Jul 18, 2010
  7. I haven't played in a while, but wasn't that always the case officially? The only way they can catch it is speed of decisions, IP tracking, simultaneous games, etc. I don't think it would be that hard to pull off (but I say that from 100% lack of experience).

#17     Jul 18, 2010
  8. when you load there platform they send out spiders into your drives looking for any software they helps in any way, they also monitor all computer into them. keep it honest and on the square everybody shows up,

#18     Jul 18, 2010
  9. bespoke

bespoke

they already exists for lower NL limits. profitable too. read the threads over at 2+2

#19     Jul 18, 2010

10. Similar costs for similar technology for home traders and home poker players.

#20     Jul 18, 2010