Trading can be easy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ditch, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ditch

Ditch

A dandy system? i suppose you mean it's Ok? at the bottom is the spread between the fast and slow stoch which i use for divergence trades. Lately i have found the first half hour of trading before the news release a waist of time. Thanks for the reminder, anyway.

#11     Mar 1, 2003
  2. Ditch,

Thanks for sharing your idea, but I'm having a little trouble understanding the entries. I have a chart set up exactly how yours is, but I still don't understand what the entry is. Your 2 stochastic indicators might be throwing me off. I don't know how your using each of them, although I see they both have the same setting.

I know you explained what the entry is, but I can't follow it on the chart.

Sorry,

ROCK

#12     Mar 1, 2003
  3. Ditch

Ditch

some entry points

#13     Mar 1, 2003
  4. Thanks, Ditch. I think I understand now. I do have another question though. On your last chart, around 21:21, some red price bars go up into your upper channel and bb. This looks like it would have been a short entry for you that turned into a loss. I'm just curious if you would have taken that short entry, and if so, would you have just taken the 1 point loss? I'm wondering if you would have seen something that I don't, in order to not take that short.

Thanks,

ROCK

#14     Mar 1, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

One way to avoid that loser is to wait for the spread to start fallling before you take a short, This of course has a drawback, because this can cause you to enter after price has rebounded from the donchian channel or bb. in general when its's the first or second retracement in a trend i enter upon touch of bb/donchian. when its the third are higher retracement i wait for confirmation of the spread. I was trading during that time and i remember i didn't take it because it moved up so fast. i did take a long at 21:29 that i closed at Be. Often the market moves so fast that you can't take all the trades that show up on the chart, but that 's no problem. this setup is bound to show up at least 4 times/hour. If you study this chart well, you will see other setups as well, that together with this one can give you upto 10 trades an hour in this time frame.

#15     Mar 1, 2003
  6. yes. I've never been able to make money without getting filled.:p

#16     Mar 1, 2003
  7. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

LOL. Buddy, if you want to make this type of hard*** statement then you'd better put up or shut up: This is a case where IMHO, nobody should bother talking to you unless you verify all of the money YOU made with whatever "big idea" you are blathering about ..... Lets see the performance of this over time and an audited financial statement of yours verifying all the profits over a couple of years.

If this technique is soo profitable and easy then why not enlist an army of 12 year olds and put them to work in your company using your capital and using this technique ? Its easy money right ?

#17     Mar 1, 2003
  8. It determines mine. And I would imagine every market maker and every scalper depends on it as well.

#18     Mar 1, 2003
  9. Ditch

Ditch

hey "buddy", do you why trading is so easy? because there's a lot of guys of like you in the market, that are so stupid that they can't even crasp this kind of stuff. An audited trading statement would't change that:D . Keep on trading dude, thanks for taking the opposite of my trades.

#19     Mar 1, 2003
  10. I agree. Trading in a choppy market is extremely easy. Trading in a trend is extremely easy. The only problem is that you don't know what kind of market you are in until it is to late.

#20     Mar 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.