Trading can be easy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ditch, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. can't we all just get long?

#111     Mar 3, 2003
  2. Couldn't have said it better myself. Don't leave, Ditch.

ROCK

#112     Mar 3, 2003
  3. Understanding motives is key for anyone trying to figure out how anything works in the realm of buying and selling; for example, what is the motive for anyone with a position to reveal his or her sentiment, when he is already long or short? What is the motive for that brokerage to recommend to the public to buy stock XYZ? Etc.

Specifically, why would anyone who can actually take out 10pts/contract day in, day out, reveal that system to the world? What would be the point to open the possibility of reducing one's edge, however negligibly, by letting others know about it? Are the extraordinary monetary gains he has made, and apparently will continue to make -- are they just not enough for him? Does he truly think that he can make trading "easy" for the rest of us in here? Would someone who truly wishes to do good let a few hostile posters deter him? Some questions to think about . . .

Quote from ALICE:

Criticize the setup but not the motives of the author. You can't possibly know his motives so why do it??

And what do his motives really matter. The facts (setup) are before you. Are you not knowledgeable enough to evaluate them??
    [/QUOTE]

You may not be able to figure out his motives, but ask yourself: what are your own motives for so eagerly wanting to believe that someone who has traded for one year knows how to make trading "easy"?

#113     Mar 3, 2003
  4. ALICE

ALICE

All that is relevant here are the facts .. and the facts/setup are before you. The motives of the poster do not influence the validity of his setup one iota. Would it influence the facts if Ditch's motives were truly altruistic? If he had just found "god" and wanted to share his joy with the world? Would that make the setup true in your eyes?

Those that don't evaluate the facts on their own merit but attack the person usually do so for a reason, and that reason is obvious.

ALICE

#114     Mar 3, 2003
  5. Ditch

Ditch

You're kind slow, dude. Like i said, i benefited from the work of other people, who were willing to share. I wanted to do the same. Yeah, it pleases me when a few other people get something out of my experiences. But like you said, why would anyone, who "has the keys of the kingdom" put up with your ignorant crap? do you really think that a guy, that makes money, is going so show up with audit statements, because you demand so? Get a grip, man!!!!
    To anyone who's willing to take at least a neutral stance towards my setup i say this: get yourself a free trial on ensign, and judge the setup for yourself. Count the potential points it could given you, when flawly executed. I guarantee you will be amazed. then start practising proper execution. If you practice one month full sessions i can't imagine that you don't come out ahead. That's it for me.

#115     Mar 3, 2003
  6. Whamo

Whamo

EliteTrader amazes me, there's always an a**hole in the bunch that has to rip another poster and say "What is their motive...They wouldn't post this shit if it worked" Then why are you on this board other than to be an obnoxious loser Illiquid??

#116     Mar 3, 2003
  7. Keep posting ideas Ditch. Some of us here appreciate it.

PM me if you are interested in my technique, which is similar to yours. I trade full time if that matters.

Jay

#117     Mar 3, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.