Trading can be easy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ditch, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ditch

Ditch

Lately a lot of people are having a hard time. I don't mean to piss anybody off, the money is just there for the taking. take a look at the attached chart. Plotted are a stochastic (7,4,10), bollinger bands (8, 1.8) and donchian channel. here's the setup, buy pullbacks to the opposite bollinger band and the donchian channel within the trend. The trend is determined by the slow stochastic. exit at a profit of 2 pts. Friday this setup would have given you 14 pts in 2 hrs of chop, in a period that i picked at random. With some discretion even more protible trades could have been taken. this is a very simple system, that a kid of 12 can trade. so ask yourself, why can't you?

2. Ditch

Ditch

3. trading <i>is</i> easy. getting a reasonable fill... making money... getting a NYSE order cancelled in a timely fashion instead of having it executed... these things are a bit more difficult.

I do agree that, as Vic Sperandeo has pointed out, the less your success depends on a fill, the better your edge.

4. Uh oh . . . :( :eek: :D

5. Ditch

Ditch

Don't tell me getting a fill determines your edge.

6. Ditch,

What's your donchian channels setting?

Thanks,

ROCK

7. Ditch

Ditch

8. Ditch,

What if your 2 point target doesn't get hit? Where do you get out then?

ROCK

9. Ditch

Ditch

I use some discretion at exiting. For this example the trades that didn't go to 2 i counted as BE's, i use a stop of 1 pts, most of the time a don't wait for that to be hit. If a trade doesn't go my way immediately i try to scratch it.

10. bone

bone

I think it's a dandy system - just keep one eye firmly glued to a very good news feed. Two good rules for it: don't trade the system around earnings, and try to be mindful of geopolitical events. I trade alot of momentum rate-of-change strategies as well.

If you have room on your screen, you might want to think about adding a 14 period RSI for divergence confirmation.

#10     Mar 1, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.