Trading & Boxing

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Wide Tailz, Feb 9, 2019.

1. volente_00

volente_00

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face

#11     Feb 10, 2019
    SteveH, CSEtrader, Visaria and 2 others like this.
  2. Never thought about it until today, but there has been a correlation with my ability to fend off kickboxers and also to avoid losses in The Market. It all started with a "lucky punch" but I quickly got TKOd an accumulation of bad moves.....

In both sports you can learn from others who are successful, if you are willing to be trained and to do the work!

#12     Mar 11, 2019
    murray t turtle and qlai like this.
  3. i mean, stay in your weight class...

#13     Mar 24, 2019
    CSEtrader, sle and qlai like this.
  4. I heard to become a professional in some business, you need to train a lot.
    A lot of exercise is 10,000 hours.
    Catching up for 3 hours a day is about 10 years. 10 years, and you can become a professional.

#14     Apr 8, 2019
  5. qlai

qlai

I was under impression that Tyson's style was his natural way of boxing. Apparently, it takes years of dedicated practice ...

#15     Apr 11, 2019
    BONECRUSHER likes this.
  6. Tyson used his hips very well, using his lower half and already powerful upper half to generate extreme power. I think his greatest talent was being able to punch with max force and not tire out...like most boxers would. True, most of his bouts were short, though!:D

P.S. So many of these boxers in the video lacked discipline and were just plain lazy. Keep your hands up dumbass...even after throwing a punch.

#16     Apr 12, 2019
    CSEtrader likes this.
  7. Next year is my 10th trading. I hope you are right. I studied professional traders but had to go my own way and find my own identity in The Market. Same process with kickboxing, and the funny thing is you are just an inch away from being KO'd when on top of the world in both professions. Anderson Silva and John Meriweather, for example........

#17     Apr 13, 2019
    kventin.upgrade and CSEtrader like this.
  8. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

I believe box teach you to have persistence despite real pain after knockdown (big loss), discipline, calmness,focus on your rule even in highly stressful condition, not to go emotional (over-trade after loss)
    Watching in real life how my husband is guiding us through the tradings and legal storms, I can say that boxing is a very good foundation for become constantly profitable trader and not give up after all knocks you will meet.

#18     Apr 14, 2019
  9. destriero

destriero

CSE, boxing would explain your obvious CTE.

#CTEtrader

#19     Apr 14, 2019
    BONECRUSHER likes this.
  10. In some song I heard these words: Melancholy flew through me like a bullet because I was hoping and not sure.
    So personally, I prefer to be confident and not hope

#20     Apr 14, 2019