Trading Books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Brandonf, Sep 18, 2002.

1. nitro

nitro

I read it when I was a newbie...I don't remember a thing it said...except for the thing where one signal catches up to another...that has some merit and I have used it in a different context...

nitro

#31     Nov 14, 2002
  2. with regard to ESO [extended sexual orgasm],............judging from your signature there's no need for you to read this book or the charts it contains.

"Good entries. patient exits, strict discipline"

and then you can't resist a bit of bragging can you?

"-BUT ABOVE ALL, YOU GOTTA DO SIZE"

#32     Nov 14, 2002
  3. nitro

nitro

ROTFLOL

LOL LOL LOL

nitro :D :D :D :D

#33     Nov 14, 2002
  4. >have any of yall read "the underground trader.com",
    >it is by some chinese guy named jea yu. i though it
    >was a good read. any comments. - boomer"

"The Undergroundtrader.com Guide to Electronic Trading" is strictly geared to the day trader. The book's premise, if I recall, is that you should react to the market, not try to forecast what it is going to do. Or at least not beyond a short time frame. I thought it was a very interesting read.

It was the first time I have heard the term "axe". (The "axe" is the number one head market maker who should be watched closely via your Level II screen.)

Jea believes in the use of stochastics and moving averages and wants to point out that you should trade with zero-emotion and that taking small profits are the tightest risk management you can exercise. Jea believes most of what is taught about trading is a lot of hype and writes with convection. I believe his book is a very valuable "hands-on" book.

Jea Yu runs a chatsite that is pretty popular at
    http://www.undergroundtrader.com/. You can join the chat as a silent reader for a few weeks and evaluate his methods yourself.

#34     Dec 15, 2002
  5. I can't really recommend any trading book in particular. However I would caution anyone about reading a book with "SWING TRADING" in big letters on the cover. I had a book like that which I often took with me to read while I was waiting for my kids at their dance and skating lessons. I couldn't figure out why all the housewives there kept staring at my book and giving me strange looks. Finally after a while I figured it out.:eek:

#35     Dec 15, 2002
  6. Almostatrader,

LOL!

trend:D

#36     Dec 15, 2002
  7. "The Visual Investor" by John Murphy

Maybe not a "great" book, but definately a good one to get someone with little TA up to speed on 80% of what you need quickly

#37     Dec 15, 2002
  8. trdrmac

trdrmac

SW, I would agree. I read this and Murphys "Intermarket Technical Analysis." Of the two, I preferred the Visual investor and found it a lot more practical. And as a TA book in general it stands out for longer term traders.

#38     Dec 16, 2002