Trading Books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Negotiator, May 27, 2002.

1. Chipdude

Chipdude

Hi

I am searching for Toby Crabel's "Day Trading With Short Term Price Patterns and Opening Range Breakout" all over the net but
    couldn't find it. Someone is selling it in Amazon for over a 1000
    bucks. I am wondering if anyone knows how I can get a cheaper copy. I have it pre ordered at half.com.

Thanks

#31     Jun 5, 2002
  2. I'm looking for Toby Crabel's book also! I saw it on Amazon for some insane amount like $1300 or $1700. When I checked Ebay it was selling for a mere $1000.

I imagine the book is reasonably good, but 1000 bucks!!!????

Anyone have a copy they want to sell for $100?

#32     Jun 5, 2002
  3. beldorian

beldorian

I have just finished:

"How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market" by Nicolas Darvas

All I can say is... wow... the book was hilarious at times, depressing at others, but, at least it seemed to me that the guy was always honest about his methods... it takes getting though over half of the book before the guy starts making any money... there was a point where I was laughing so hard I was crying... cuz I have been there (recently)

I am currently reading "Secrets of Profiting in Bull & Bear Markets" by Stan Weinstein

Don't know enough about this book to have an opinion on it yet.

Also, reading "How to Rule the Freaking Markets" and a few others... will let you know how it goes.

#33     Jul 7, 2002
  4. That book someone mentioned a few pages back, "Zen and the Art of Poker" is the best 10 dollar book you will probably ever find on trading psychology.

:p

Cheers.

#34     Jul 8, 2002
  5. Another book that I may recommend:

John C. Hull
    "Options, Futures and other derivatives"
    I know that many of you here on this forum are equity daytraders, however this book touches basics of risk, volatility etc. that is applicable to daytrading too.

TradingBoy
    http://www.quotelinks.com

#35     Jul 8, 2002
  6. Bernard M. Baruch:

"My Own Story"

#36     May 6, 2004
  7. Darvas' book is very good. And funny. But is it true? I don't think so.

#37     May 6, 2004
  8. Even if it's true, the success of method was only a skewed sample and will not recur in the future IMHO :)

#38     May 6, 2004
  9. Why not?

#39     May 6, 2004
  10. A true classic from 1903:

Frank Norris: "The Pit".

#40     May 6, 2004