Trading Books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Negotiator, May 27, 2002.

1. lescor

lescor

I learned virtually everything I know about technical analysis from Gary B Smith, who writes for realmoney.com. All his past work is still available for free in the archives of thestreet.com. He only looks at price, volume and trendlines, so it's pretty simple, but I like it that way.

#11     May 28, 2002
  2. tom_p

tom_p

3. egildone

egildone

lescor

I started trading GBS in January 1999. Had fantistic results till November 1999. Stopped using it in August 2000 because it wasn't working for me.

Are you having good results using it?

Ed

#13     May 28, 2002
  4. josbarr

josbarr

A Wise S&P Trader told me years ago that these are a must read:

-- Heart of Darkness

-- Story of Job,

-- The Brothers Karamozov (at least the grand
    inquisitor chapter),

-- Beyond Good and Evil,

-- 100 years of solitude,

-- An Arrow's Flight

Joe Barry

#14     May 28, 2002
  5. Job I think would be particularly fitting. Also, Joseph is known to have been quite a grain trader (Genesis 37-46).

It doesn't come easy to anyone. Endure. It helps to be on the same side as God.

#15     May 28, 2002
  6. Highly recommend [Technical Analysis From A to Z by Steven B. Achelis] for anybody who uses or plans to use technical analysis trading

My 2 cents

TradingBoy

#16     May 28, 2002
  7. alain

alain

and the final best book about trading:

<b> the bible</b>

the wisdom that is in there goes further than any trading book ever written. Not the religious part... the wisdom!

#17     May 28, 2002
  8. I just finished Martin Pring's new fourth edition of "Technical Analysis Explained". I think it is a solid introduction to TA. Very much worth reading. It is 600 pages, but easy reading...

#18     May 28, 2002
  9. the religious part works too because it deals with character. A trader's character is formed in the furnace or he ceases to be a trader.

#19     May 28, 2002
  10. alain

alain

well trading is a religion itself...

#20     May 28, 2002