Trading Blox

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by runningman, Feb 4, 2007.

1. wojo

wojo

It's very hard to directly compare Trading Blox to most of the popular trading software out there, simply because it's a breed apart.

If you're used to single security testing software like Trade Station or eSignal, you will certainly face a steep learning curve. But this is not because of the complexity of Trading Blox (to the contrary, its use is very intuitive), but because of the fact that testing systems on a portfolio level will totally change the way you judge the "quality" of any system.

Obviously, if you're already working with your own trading systems/algorithms on another platform, the fully programmable version, TB Builder, would be your choice. It's surprisingly easy to transform your own code into TB code, especially Trade Station code.

If you don't code yourself (like I didn't a couple of years ago) but have some experience with systems trading you might want to start with TB Pro. The included systems are so scalable that it will be a long time before you run out of ideas and need the upgrade to Builder ;-). It's also a great learning tool if you're new to systems trading but do have some experience with technical analysis and charting.

Finally, as for the price tag let me just ask you one thing: How much do you risk per trade/per day/per week/per month? If your trading system was developed using a single system/single security testing platform, maybe the very trade you have currently put on would have paid for Trading Blox. That said, of all the trades I've made during my fifteen years in the business, TB certainly was one of my biggest winners.

#11     Feb 13, 2007
  2. now it's easier to compare ... looked on trading blox web-site and:
    - no news or any updates since 2013
    - no new features developped
    - possibly no maintenance on current software version

are they still in business, does anyone still reply to emails?

I know their web-site is up & running and they still sell licenses but that doesn't mean there someone behind the wheel ... it may just move in virtue of inertia ...

#12     Dec 15, 2015