Trading Blind

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hypostomus, Aug 22, 2007.

1. A few years into my trading career, my eyes really started hurting after long days staring at my screens so I got glare protectors. $20 for each screen; one of the best investments I've ever made.

#41     Sep 6, 2007
  2. Thank you for your tender concern, Spydertrader. I use a 23" flat panel nearly four feet away, and plan to buy a much larger one when the cost of LCDs comes down further. That way I can exercise and sing and dance and even see the screen when I go downstairs to eat, or even work in the yard.

Working myself up to trading off a REALLY big screen when we do our Vegas challenge. I plan to be the Don Rickles of trading. Joe Doaks' "Comedy Trading School", with a special guest every day. I may even do Mexican tag team trading. I have some private correspondents who could teach you a thing or two. Channels? Couldn't even draw them on the analytical screens they use.

When you see MY screen you will laugh your ass off! "Where's price?" you'll say. When I am finished making it look like a pinball machine all you'll see is flashing gaudy neon-colored lines that scream "Come to Papa!" to the accompaniment of KaChings and KaPows and KaBlooies.

In fact the screen size is necessary. Already have unoperable shit in my right eye. Sometimes even make winning trades off of it, don't know why that works. But long term, I'm not worried. Jack's seeing eye dog will need a new Master when Jack is gone, won't you? Have to retrain you, though. "Which line is closer? The VWAP or the HOD?" "Woof!" "Riiiiight! Good doggy!"

#42     Sep 6, 2007
  3. Tim, thanks for the suggestion. I already wear a pair of high quality low reflection Polaroid shades. And a gangsta hat. I like to look out my picture window and watch the wildlife during those long boring traverses between report and desistence. The fucking squirrels got more sense that most posters on ET. In fact, one of them watches me so intently through the window that I am thinking about teaching him how to trade. Ever feel that way when you're posting here?

Illegitimi non carborundum, man. You got it over 99% here, at least you fucking demonstrably TRADE. If I read books any more, I would buy yours. I am a published author myself, so I know how hard it is to write even a bad book, not saying yours is.

#43     Sep 6, 2007
  4. Nope. I'll be long gone from these waters in the not too distant future. Time to scale up, buy my island, and leave the day to day machinations with the market for the next generation. No more Journals, no more transference, no more PM's, IM's or emails. I have one final gift for the Equities Group which I plan to post at the end of the year, and the Futures has but a handful of topics yet to discuss. Then, I plan to fade into the background. Over time, whatever contributions I may have made will no doubt sink into the ET archives waiting for the next enterprising individual to come along seeking value.

In the future, I may stop in from time to time in an effort to see how my favorite posters get along. Then again, I may not. The clock is ticking, and the next stage has very little to do with ET.

I wish you tremendous success with your endeavors.

- Spydertrader

#44     Sep 6, 2007
  5. What? If you're going to scale up, you'll also need to branch out. Open up an NQ department. Don't trade the same, ya know. Mebbe need a tour guide. Unsolicited PM comin' yore way.

Either way, I'll be watchin' for ya on the tape. Times bein' what they is, we need more liquidity over here.

#45     Sep 6, 2007