Trading Blind

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hypostomus, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Good suggestion, Corey, but there are elements of my setups that are discretionary. For example, gauging whether resistance HERE is more attractive to price than support THERE. My screen is a nightmare. It may be that I can't ever automate it, much less make it tradeable blind. For example, how do you represent aurally that there is a tempting round number just beyond the high of the day? Or that successive lower lows are running out of steam?

Reminds me of a joke. Guy goes to his GP, and says "Doc, ya gotta help me!" "What's the problem?" "My wife only wants aural sex!" "Don't you mean ORAL sex?" "Naw, Doc, AURAL sex!" "Well I never heard of that, what is she doing?" "She wants it in the ear!" "That's really strange." "Yup, every time I go to stick it in her mouth, she turns her head!"

#31     Sep 6, 2007
  2. Ya gotta point there, Doggy. Ole Jack is gonna be needin' some hep soon!

An' the Jackers are so dumb they could use some stereophonic hep to clue them in as ta whut's happnin'.

#32     Sep 6, 2007
  3. Corey

Corey

My question back would be then, how do these aural noises help you trade if you still need your visual discretionary stats? Ultimately, if you can do the whole thing audibly, then you could automate the entire thing. The only difference is you are playing a noise instead of creating an order...

#33     Sep 6, 2007
  4. Corey, what I described is the ultimate goal, perhaps not achievable. Possibly because there is a stochasticochaotic element to my trading. Like I'm wrong about as often as right and have to stop out. So it ain't as determininistic as I would like.

The fallback position is a system that will backstop partial blindness, or declining attention, or trading rule forgetfulness, or just simply draw my attention if I'm fucking a nurse.

Currently I use the audibles to pull me back to the screen if I am away, or to remind me of some subtleties that are very clear algorithmically but not so clear on the screen. For example, at certain times my screen may be so cluttered that I can't see a rainbow forming. Or like now, I am posting on ET because I know nothing tradeable is happening now.

Your name reminds me of a one-liner by Professor Irwin Corey.

Reporter: "Professor Corey, do you recommend sex before marriage?"
    Professor Corey: "No, not if it delays the ceremony."

#34     Sep 6, 2007
  5. You know, T-Dogg, I'm gonna put Joe Doaks right on your idea to help the Jackers. Put an ad on Spydie's thread. Using Bearbelly's needs as an example:

Authoritative voice: "BB, this is the Smart Money talking! Listen up! I just started moving YM! You'd best quit scratching your ass and get with the program!"

Or maybe play a Pink Floyd clip at the right time: "All in all, it was just a brick in the WALL", hahaha!

#35     Sep 6, 2007
  6. If one looked for a revolutionary and novel approach to saving one's eyesight from the strain of staring at a computer monitor all the live long day, one could read, and / or post on, ET significantly less frequently. Thirty-eight eyes might thank you. :D Unfortunately, such a solution robs the masses of your wit. Tough call. Then again, one could gauge the seriousness of the question at hand by the willingness of the OP to enact certain common sense solutions. :D

- Spydertrader

#36     Sep 6, 2007
  7. Does that mean you and your kindergarten class don't need any help?

I am posting so I will ignore the fucking 0.05 points per minute bear flag going on in NQ right now.

An audible will let me know when the fourth touch of the channel occurs.

Plus, I am horribly confused. I drew a channel the way you do it, and an upside-down one the way I do it, and they don't quite match.

#37     Sep 6, 2007
  8. lar

lar

Hi Hypo,

Quit trading directly... become a guru.

#38     Sep 6, 2007
  9. Thank you kindly, LAR, I will as soon as I can figure out how to feed nineteen people by guruing.

#39     Sep 6, 2007
  10. Not at all. This isn't about me or any class.

It simply means if one has a legitimate concern over eyesight degradation due to chronic use of computer monitors, then it makes little sense to continue to post and or read ET - thereby increasing one's time in front of a computer screen.

Of course, if one did not have a legitimate concern, then it makes perfect sense why one would continue to post / read and not reduce one's time in front of a computer screen.

Therefore, whichever action you choose should logically indicate whether or not your OP was of a serious nature.

Pretty simple logic.

- Spydertrader

#40     Sep 6, 2007