Trading Blind

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by hypostomus, Aug 22, 2007.

1. That's rich. Best laugh I've had since I put Stock777 on ignore.

#21     Aug 24, 2007
  2. This thread is on its way to C-C, so before I leave I'll just pass on to you that I have perfected the art of not trading. I now have four binary gates to go through before I can even THINK about trading, and they are currently so restrictive that I never trade.

#22     Aug 24, 2007
  3. Time for a bit of lateral thinking. Package it and market it as a low-risk, worry-free system that never loses.

#23     Aug 24, 2007
  4. GaryN

GaryN

LOL. One thing for sure. Somebody out there would buy it.

#24     Aug 24, 2007
  5. Well, it's working so far today.

#25     Aug 24, 2007
  6. Thanks for everyone's suggestions on how to create support for trading blind. I am about 1/3 done. It is mature enough that I can close my eyes, sit back, and visualize at least the shape of the action represented aurally.

Attached is a .wav file demonstrating the sequence of events in a strong down move:

Ratchpop.wav - my trade readiness conditions are met

scary1.wav - the first condition for a down move sets up

Glassbrk.wav - the down move commences

Chime Down.wav (repeated) - the move picks up momentum

vibro1.wav (repeated) - the move oversells.

To play, open the .zip file, drag the .wav file to your desktop, right click on the file icon, and select "open with" and your preferred sound file player.

Enjoy!

(Many thanks to Arthur Deco for psychoaural advice, to John Merchant for algorithms, and to Joe Doaks for coding!)

#26     Sep 6, 2007
  7. Interesting. But I don't think that any audible method of market tracking is complete without a .wav file depicting a guttural scream when the market goes against an existing, open position.

#27     Sep 6, 2007
  8. Would you suggest something like (OhhhhhhhFuuuuuuuuck!)?

As I said, I am a long way from done, and haven't gotten to stops yet. Mostly because all my trades are winners, hahaha!

#28     Sep 6, 2007
  9. Corey

Corey

If you can accurately analyze the market and are able to play a sound to represent the current market condition with little or no delay and a high correctness probability ... why not just make the thing automated? The latenency with which you would act would probably only ruin your profits anyway...

#29     Sep 6, 2007
  10. Yes, I suppose that could work, depending on its execution, of course. And while, we're at it, let's not forget the sound of an LCD monitor breaking. (Either being thrown against a wall or with a hammer being administered to it. In the interest of variety, I suggest both.)

As your audible market tracking software only caters to winning trades, your market may be exclusively limited to SCT traders. This may not necessarily be a bad thing since, as Jack spreads the gospel of BE-DO-HAVE and relentlessly "pays it forward," I imagine that these traders will soon outnumber everyone else.

Therefore, what you may have here is a ground floor opportunity of immense proportions. Perhaps at this stage you should be considering an IPO.

#30     Sep 6, 2007