Trading basics

Discussion in 'Trading' started by rajesheck, Dec 20, 2016.

Does trading business need creativity to succeed ?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. May be

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. What is trading?
    1. Profession
    2. Self Employment
    3. Business

Approaching trading as a business is vital to success because trading is a business. - investopedia.com

http://www.investopedia.com/university/how-start-trading/how-start-trading-trading-business.asp

Does business require creativity ?
    http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/8894-creativity-business-success.html

How to develop creativity ?
    http://www.inc.com/peter-economy/10-everyday-things-creative-people-do-that-lead-to-success.html

Creativity test :
    www.testmycreativity.com
    Left brain right brain test

Those who are successful in trading but don't know anything about business means they have natural business approach though they might not have recognized themselves.

Those you struggle in trading for many years may need to take a fresh look at trading, as a business. :)

Here is a day trading strategy created based on a vital business principle:
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/principle-based-day-trading-strategies.304974/

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

If I may add, this is not just a profession, but a highly competitive profession and we progress into the future, highly analytical and quantitative skills may potentially present a plus to some traders.
    There are traders who did not make it their primary profession and have stable jobs and businesses.
    Yes, it is a business but one where you need clean record keeping and constant research.
    (There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results).

rajesheck likes this.
  3. Majority of traders are analytical oriented and creativity is not in their priority. Yet slowly embracing creativity will change things in unimaginable ways.

And there are a few head strong people who are on a war of "what is right and what is wrong". Trading is an art and there is nothing right or wrong in trading until the trader is consistent in making profits.

Head strong people threatened Galileo when he said "earth is a globe". Creative people care not the bullies.

Quotes by Galileo :
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.
    I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

4. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I never perceived analytical skills the opposite of someone who is creative. For example, someone who designed a user-friendly trading platform, created great excel spreadsheet that is trading oriented, and/or able to go through charts and pick repetitive patterns is as creative as one can me.

5. Handle123

Handle123

I believe people are one or the other "analytical or creative", one can appreciate being the other, but quite impossible to be at extreme levels of both, one will always outshine the other. I am more creative than analytical even though I like math more than drawing stick people does not make me able to explore solving math unproven theories. Whether in businesses or charts, I can spot patterns that can be complicated or simple, people don't talk enough about memory as some take for granted, but if you can't memorize-can't form rules of increments of differences of highs/lows/closes.

Your website is starting to remind me of 1,000 plus cheesy forex systems. Oh is it funny.
    Moe, Larry and Curly be proud.

Simples and rajesheck like this.
  6. What are you plan on trading, Stocks, bonds, futures, forex, derivatives on stocks. Difficult to be expert on all of them, they are different.

7. I definitely agree. Hone in on one specific sector and put time there into learning about the different markets, how they move, what factors affect them etc.

8. http://thepeakperformancecenter.com/educational-learning/thinking/

Hope this will help. :)

9. True, each segment is unique. When it comes to day trading, people (day traders) bring in perception at the market open time.

Now this perception becomes the virtual product, not the instruments behind, within the day trading game. And each instrument blends it's unique flavor to this virtual product.

The uniqueness is predominantly in the volatility of the instrument. A single day trading strategy can be made suitable for all segments by configuring the volatility factor of the strategy.

That is what i have did with my strategy. :)

10. :) :thumbsup:

#10     Dec 21, 2016