Trading Asian Equities out of Boston

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by quantTraderBOS, May 10, 2007.

1. Daal

Daal

Whats to think about?

#11     May 11, 2007
  2. well what's to think about is the quality of life

#12     May 11, 2007
  3. clacy

clacy

Quality of life will be fine. You can party all weekend and there are plenty of hot service industry women that work nights and have their days off as well.

Do it. Bust your ass for a few years and then if you want to, move on. It sounds like your young, so now is the time to do it my friend.

#13     May 11, 2007
  4. I also recommend going for it. Very nice to have such an exciting quant/trading role at your age, give it everything you've got. I'm a couple years older (27) and still trying to break in, wasted too much time on the consulting side after undergrad, now it's nearly impossible to get on a desk. Heading back for my MFE next, as it's essentially a prerequisite these days (seems most quant trading rolls head to PhD's though..).

What's your degree background if you don't mind me asking?

#14     May 11, 2007
  5. Well I accepted the position and it's been very difficult for me to adjust thus far. You dont see anyone during the week.

The markets are interesting. I hope I start to feel better about the hours. Thanks for all the replies

#15     Jun 1, 2007
  6. Thanks for the update. And congrats on your new adventure. Best wishes and keep us posted.

#16     Jun 1, 2007
  7. Daal

Daal

we want our cut

#17     Jun 1, 2007
  8. which Asian market you are trading?
    Japan/Hong Kong/Aus-NZ/Taiwan !!
    Futures or equity?
    The commision structure for equity in all asian markets are much higher than US!
    which broker you are clearing thro?
    For your info I trade only US market out of asia! (trade alone from home)
    Start at 7PM (summer)/8PM & goes up to 1.30/2.30 AM.
    I touch scotch/Borbon only after NY 3pm.
    Welcome to Zombie life.

#18     Jun 1, 2007
  9. Im trading all Asia xJapan Singapore and Australia...so all of the emerging markets. Sometimes I stay til about 2:30AM and sometimes I stay until shortly after the Hong Kong Close. I'm only trading equities.

How long have u done it?? What do you do during the days to keep u busy? This has been the most difficult part for me. Do u work for a hedge fund?

Any more info on life style u can prove will be very beneficial!!

#19     Jun 1, 2007
  10. more practical doing this out of california. actually its more practical trading US equities out of California. :p

Boston sucks BTW SMG grad and ill never ever step foot in noreast again

#20     Jun 2, 2007