Trading as a career.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by highlandercrew, Feb 20, 2004.

1. T-REX

T-REX

If you are lucky enough to land a gig at a GOOD prop shop where you will be receiving FREE training and trading education and have the opportunity to be around successful traders..............then I say go for it!

I mentor new traders like yourself and it gives me great joy to help the next guy or gal make it in this business.:)

Good luck

T-REX

#21     Feb 26, 2004
  2. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

... and another point .... dont be fooled by fake training opportunities put forth by salespeople.

A good requirement should be that the people or firm offering the training take you on as an employee with a regular salary and that they are actually traders and are not, and have never been, sales brokers.

#22     Feb 26, 2004
  3. CalTraders point about fake training opportunities is excellent advise. I was suckered right out of school. However since I knew nothing about trading or financial markets when I started It was probably the best piece of education that I had recieved up to that time.

Just out of curiosity, I was looking at applying for an junior analyst position with an energy trading firm. What does a junior market analyst in the energy sector make make? I only ask because I have to support a family at whatever I do.

Thanks

#23     Feb 26, 2004
  4. peerless

peerless

Can any offer up where I or any other new liquidity.....errrr....trader can find a prop firm with those types of offers.

I have been looking and they seem to be few and far between so far I have only seen FSNY (which I understand to be a bunch of over-egoed jack offs) offering a salary and I understand Schoney is not taking on new Prop traders. It is hard to find some of the smaller shops that may provide this without being in the know like you folks.

Morevoer if anyone knows of any firms outside of strict equities/stock let me/us know as well- I did find a derivatives house which trades options which has a paid training program.

Thanks for all the help guys.

peerless

#24     Mar 5, 2004