Trading Arcades NYC

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AC3, Feb 19, 2004.

1. #11     Feb 19, 2004
  2. zdreg

zdreg

yes it does. I suggest you read a book english divided by langauge.
    typical british etc. arrogrance.
    trader arcade term is not used in u.s.

#12     Feb 19, 2004
  3. zdreg

zdreg

correct

in spite of our currency falling to pieces, you would be surprised how backward services and how high costs are in uk

#13     Feb 19, 2004
  4. wow?

does anyone know where these arcades are located, anywheres?

doesn't licensing issues prevent these from operating in the open?

#14     Feb 19, 2004
  5. at present you have 54 posts

by most accounts, if you were to make substantive answers / questions on your posts, you'd probably be around 24 posts.

anyways, welcome to the boards

by way of suggestion (BWOS), staying professional, serious and substantive is the best way for your posts to be taken seriously...

agrevating others with spelling out words relegates you comments to irrelevance,

so show yourself some respect and respect our time / interest in others, as we simply just don't have the time / care to waist on frivolity...

#15     Feb 19, 2004
  6. AC3

AC3

My thought would be that the person renting the "trading station" would be in essence just renting space on a floor. The floor/arcade whatever you want to call it (I was using arcade b/c I read that on the link I posted) would provide just the equipment and space.

#16     Feb 19, 2004
  7. AC3

AC3

Exactly what I was trying to accomplish with posting the link to what I was speaking about (Trading Arcades) all apologies to all if it wasnt the proper term ....got no problem w/ that ......links to penny arcades come on that is a waste of time for all .......
    My posts outside of what this thread has turned into are relevent on point and what I wud hope wud be helpful.

#17     Feb 19, 2004
  8. In the US, a number of the trading firms that offer proprietary trading relationships or accommodate large customer accounts require a relationship to exist. In addition to that they charge a desk / seat fee in lieu of commission production levels. Some or most firms offer rebates or exemption should your share volume, hence commission generation exceed their per chare / chair / share expected revenue.

In the US, these licensed brokerages must have a qualified contract and exact / tight / restrictive limitations on those associated with them in their modified employer / employee (also customer) relationship. Hence, they are not open to the public in general. Licensing with the NASD is / are usually required.

There are some mixed customer / proprietary trader shops that offer desks, however, posting funds, setting up workstations and maintaining utilities to these facilities usually requires a minimum 2 month committment. Hence what you are asking for just might not exist in the US because of the restrictions against just such scenarios.

Notice how using fully worded sentences cuts down the need to further explain your explanation. you might seek another forum / bulletin board that more appropriately meets your needs....

#18     Feb 19, 2004