Trading and Suicidal Tendencies

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by schizo, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Daytrading is a financial suicide.

#21     Apr 13, 2010
  2. Blotto

Blotto

That is a frivolous and unhelpful comparison.

I forgot to add: many things which average people do routinely could be considered "financial suicide"

- mortgage debt
    - credit card debt with silly interest
    - unsecured personal loans for frivolities
    - slavery to fashion and keeping up with the Jones'
    - "investing" in the market (without a clue)
    - paying someone else without a clue to "invest" for you - see also "pension fund"

#22     Apr 13, 2010
  3. lindq

lindq

http://www.befrienders.org can help with feelings of depression and suicide.

With the exception of a severe chemical imbalance, suicide is usually the result of feelings of hopelessness, failure, and lack of purpose.

I can appreciate why someone would have these feelings, and at some point in life we all do. To varying degrees.

But in my opinion, if someone reaches the point where they are truly ready to take their life, there is another direction they should consider. And that is service.

Leave your circumstances, if necessary explaining to anyone you are close to that you have reached a point of no return, and you are moving into a new life where in some fashion you can serve.

Serve what? Serve others. Serve the planet. Serve animal shelters. Serve anything anyway you can...and it will be a far more natural and supportive thing to do than taking your life.

#23     Apr 13, 2010
  4. +1

About self destruction, it is not about what is 'out there', it is about you. This usually means we are trapped in our individual perspectives, which can be upbeat or meloncholic. On the objective front there is mortality and stupid laws, conventions and social norms, prejudices, cruelty, stupidity, injustice and complacency which can make one think life is pretty awful. For the most part it is of course, but this is where mindset steps in: you can laugh (shared with many other like minded souls) or take it all too seriously and die worrying. I laugh when I think how fricking nuts the whole thing is. A cosmic joke. Just don't drink and trade, my friend, the markets are tough enough and reflect the cruel logic of nature. One has to be sober when going into battle but laugh at life's absurdity all the same. I mean, c'mon, this market is nuts, aint it!?

#24     Apr 13, 2010