Trading and regular sleep

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by BoyBrutus, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Div_Arb

Div_Arb

You should try smoking a bowl before bed - helps me sleep every night.

#11     Apr 10, 2008
  2. Make sure you workout regularly.

For the Aussie trader, consider trading the DAX or FESX futures.

#12     Apr 10, 2008
  3. Ambien works great. Its habit forming but not addictive. Non narcotic. Easy to stop even after taking it for years with the only issue a few sleepless nights.

Also available in Generic so cheap.

http://www.drugs.com/ambien.html

John

#13     Apr 10, 2008
  4. mickson

mickson

Excuse my ignorance, what is the FESX futures?:confused:

#14     Apr 10, 2008
  5. #15     Apr 10, 2008
  6. mickson

mickson

thanks

#16     Apr 10, 2008
  7. Even some caffeine during the day can interfere with sleep.

Switch to a quality decaf.

Depending upon age, 8 hours of sleep is a bare minimum. Older people need less. Younger need more.

If/when your sleep cycle gets out of phase, skip the sleep for that cycle and you will be (very) ready to sleep at the target time for the next cycle. This might be a little extreme for some, but it works.

Use meds, including melatonin, as a last resort. Avoid if possible.

A glass of red wine before bed can help.

#17     Apr 10, 2008
  8. Cheese

Cheese

Life is good. It offers so much. You can have heaven on Earth every day. You decide.

But sleep is so good too. You take off and dive deeply, passing through the mysteries of timelessness and dreams before once again resurfacing. I use a lot of sleep. Its enjoyable. I can take a nap in the sack almost any time if I feel the urge and want to recharge my system. Equally it means I can take a day or days of long hours of work or of work and play if I need to do so or want to do so.
    :)

#18     Apr 10, 2008
  9. paden

paden

"Trading and regular sleep"

Perhaps that is what I am doing wrong lately. I keep trying to trade while I am awake.

Serously, the workout tip is probably the best. It is good for the body/soul/mind. get yer mind off of trading by hitting the gym. Plus, there is usually some nice eye candy.

#19     Apr 10, 2008
  10. Interesting thread. Have you considered finding a market to trade to fit your lifestyle rather than bending your lifestyle to fit a market you want to trade? There are lots of markets to trade everywhere!

#20     Apr 10, 2008