Trading and Marriage Don't Mix???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jinxu, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Mr_You

Mr_You

The bottom line as I see it is...

No one will see working from home (whether trading or otherwise) as a real job until it becomes a norm for our society.

If your other household members resent you for working at home then I would suggest finding an office/workspace nearby just so others can have their own private/down time at home alone. Be it a coffee shop or library or a rented cubicle or office, it would probably benefit the relationship by providing this personal space/time away from the home base.

#41     Nov 7, 2012
  2. ET post/quote of the day, I love it! :)

#42     Nov 7, 2012
  3. DT-waw

DT-waw

your wife gotta hear that song from you...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6S9ecXWCBCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pleaaaaaasse release me let me gooo

for i ....

anymooooooree :D

#43     Nov 7, 2012
  4. I don't think its as simple as that.

My sister and husband are both teachers. In order to support their lifestyle they both need to be employed. They both earn approximately the same amount of money.

Teaching is a normal job, therefore its ok that my sister also needs to work.

I would suggest that with trading its different. It would not be recognised in the same way teaching is recognised, even if you were making the same amount of money. The only way trading as a career works when you are married is if your wife doesn't need to work at all. From her perspective, you aren't working as hard. You are simply playing on the computer all day while she goes out and busts her butt.

#44     Nov 7, 2012
  5. asap

asap

the problem here is that trading is not a job. trading is like sucking in mom's tit even though you no longer an infant. especially if haven't accomplished anything meaningful in your professional career yet. trading is only emotionally and socially viable for those that have already done their share for society otherwise, their peers will look down on them, including family, regardless of how much money they make while trading. they'll be seen as a failure, a nutcase and an anti-social. it is not about money, it is about your inter-personal skills. if you're trading, you're just spinning the wheel in front of a computer screen. obviously, no one will ever appreciate what you do.

#45     Nov 7, 2012
  6. True. So spin the wheel. Make a quick million or two or three or.... and then walk away and do something meaningful with your life.

#46     Nov 7, 2012
  7. jinxu

jinxu

It is exactly like.that. But if you are making money i think it shouldn't matter and they need to stfu. That's the problem I see with marriage is that you can't walk away without financial consequences. They know this and can use it to control you. If you could walk away no strings attached then you can tell them to stfu or you walk.

#47     Nov 7, 2012
  8. Funny thing is that I think some of us chose to trade because we actually enjoy our own company. Nights like tonight, for examply, I really wish I were single again.

#48     Nov 7, 2012
  9. volente_00

volente_00

prenup time

#49     Nov 7, 2012
  10. Doesn't mean anything. Try going up against a female judge with a bone to pick. She can tear it up and there is nothing you can do about it. There is no justice in family court.

#50     Nov 7, 2012