Trading and Marriage Don't Mix???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jinxu, Nov 6, 2012.

1. bone

bone

It really did not become an issue from the early '90s until the mid 2000's as I was always trading downtown in the Chicago loop or the North Side - either on the floor or in a trading group office on the screen.

In the mid-2000's I started my own LLC, built out a really substantial home office with dedicated high speed lines and three work stations and twelve monitors and started trading and consulting from home - and that was the point in time where my soon-to-be former wife started really resenting things. She was ( and is ) jealous and hostile dependent on the income. She demanded that she quit her job at IBM. She didn't know what she would do with all that time on her hands ( kids are teenagers ), but she felt entitled. The term is called hostile dependency. She became very bitter and resentful.

#21     Nov 7, 2012
  2. Newex

Newex

After a while nothing mixes in marriage .

Also depends on the wife

Some will nag you for not working so hard

Some will nag you for working too hard

Othes will nag you on Monday for working till late and will nag you on Tuesday for coming home too early .

Backtesting does work with women either and forward testing is not accurate .

Good Luck .

PS As I said what she didnt care about 3 years ago she might try to take advantage of or resent 3 years after . You never know.

#22     Nov 7, 2012
  3. Samsara

Samsara

Numbers do not have magical properties. They do not ontologically exist in nature.

#23     Nov 7, 2012
  4. jinxu

jinxu

You care about my life way too much. LOL.

#24     Nov 7, 2012
  5. Mirzy

Mirzy

They probably meant don't get married to a stock. Don't worry bud, you can still marry a person. Goodluck!

#25     Nov 7, 2012
  6. Samsara

Samsara

Bone's story was actually quite interesting. Hostile dependency due to envy and materialism rather than empathy

#26     Nov 7, 2012
  7. jinxu

jinxu

Yeah, but here is where lies the problem Most (if not all) hot young attractive girls are materialistic and childlike is what I've found through dating. If you want a hot young attractive woman you kind of have no choice but to put up with it. My fiance is hot young and attractive and materialistic as well. I can't be attracted to a whale.

#27     Nov 7, 2012
  8. .... and those who aren't materialistic while dating, almost always become materialistic once you're married. My income and the demands on my income have tripled in the last three years.

#28     Nov 7, 2012
  9. Samsara

Samsara

I don't know. The two really successful and edifying relationships I've had more to do with mutually recognizing the humanity of the other person without judgment. Categorizing people in order to understand how to relate to them never turns out well in the end. But that's just me. And the number 42.

#29     Nov 7, 2012
  10. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

women are materialist, who knew?

#30     Nov 7, 2012