Trading and Job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Cristrader, Aug 17, 2006.

1. There are always new people starting to trade, and many including myself like to hear other opinions on what people did to make a living trading and why.

Myself I quit a decent paying salary job ( that I despised after 3 years), sold my Subaru wrx, got rid of debts, etc, all to make sure i could live off of a part time evening job while I took a position with a prop trade firm.

Now I am in the transition period from enduring a steep learning curve to starting to become more consistant and profitable. The market seriously handed me my ass every other day for forty trading days in a row before I even started to get the hang of it.

The only thing I can say is.... Disipline! That word has a whole new meaning, I thought I knew what it meant before, but now I really know that i wasn't. Any bad habits you already have in your personality will ony be amplified and taken advantage of by the market.

It took me at least 90 days to get rid of these bad habits, change permanently, and adopt the attitude required to make money.

One last thing you will need a well thought out work plan with achievable realistic goals that you can see yourself making everyday. You must be dedicated to achieving the goals no matter what. You also can't be a wussy and give up when things don't go your way.

GL all.

#51     Jun 29, 2008
  2. Surdo

Surdo

You are just as bad by responding to this 1/2 wit.
    If you ignored him, the thread had a chance of dying a peaceful death. Now look what you have done dipshit.

el surdo
    :D

#52     Jun 29, 2008

3. Pot calling kettle black. :D :D :D

But I really don't care if you are less stupid than Traderzones or not, because both of you are fucking incredibly idiotic on ET.

#53     Jun 29, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

I hope you get a decent employee's discount you bafoon!

#54     Jun 29, 2008
  5. The YMCA gym I go to near my house is in a little store front in a strip mall. The folks who work behind the counter are generally rural locals and college kids who play solitaire and surf Facebook on the computer. Other than the rare occasion of signing up new members or showing someone how to use the treadmill, they just waste their time.

I was thinking, what a perfect way for someone smart to meet minimal expenses and not have much actual work to do. On top of all that, you have a computer with high speed internet access. Imagine being able to day trade in a situation like that. No one's bothering you to get anything done and you're making money. Plus you're at the gym!

Surely there are other jobs like this, perhaps even with better pay, where you have no real responsibilities and internet access.

#55     Jun 29, 2008

6. Well, 4D you already self-confessed you are clueless:

"but then I made some horrible mistakes that reminded me that I don't know what I am doing. "

"My plan went from vague to specific to vague to half-vague/half-specific to really specific to maybe-vague-is-better to specific to vague to...... Yes, I am walking a circle."

"Chances are I will quit posting."

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1940309#post1940309

And THEN you had the nerve to start a thread days later that it is not hard to make a living off $5000? But you yourself don't do this, but you work at Wal-mart? Which parallel universe do you live in?

http://elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129203

#56     Jun 29, 2008
  7. Damn, I was not told about the discount!

I knew the manager was hiding something from me when I got hired, I thought it was her fake boobs.
    :mad: :mad:

#57     Jun 30, 2008