Trading and Job

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Cristrader, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Great post coolweb.

#41     Aug 19, 2006
  2. I think 2x is a good multiplier for self-employed vs. job. You have to make more $$$ to account for lack of benefits and job security plus risk of loss.

#42     Aug 19, 2006
  3. I've done it for ten years. I love both of my jobs, and at this point I cannot see myself quitting or retiring from either one.

#43     Aug 19, 2006
  4. 4re

4re

I am sure glad to see that I am not the only one. I don't know you but I bet you are more relaxed when you trade than most. The reason being: you aren't running from anything. Not putting pressure to win on yourself. Makes A big difference.

#44     Aug 19, 2006
  5. Well I said the worst traders, meaning that very loosely...I mean people who know how to trade but take the least money out of the market...not literally the worst traders...and also I said 100% for them, not 300 to 400%. A good trader could have easily made 1500 to 2500 bucks on 1 contract last week and I don't think that's stretching the truth.

Where did I say anything about starting a hedge fund with 500 bucks? Maybe you misunderstood where I was coming from there, that would be far down the road. I don't think I'd ever start one with any amount personally, was throwing in as an idea in my post but it's not an ambition of mine anyway. Really, first things first I want to build a profitable trading business over time.

If you think averaging 2 to 4 points a day on the E-mini S & P means having enough luck to win multiple lotteries I do think you may be overly cynical my friend!

Do you trade for a living? How have you done with your trading?

#45     Aug 20, 2006
  6. 4re

4re

If you are looking for 2 to 4 points a day that is very doable. Maybe I misunderstood what you were getting at. But I have seen so many people start working all these numbers in their minds thinking it is easy and that is usually their first and worst mistake.

To answer your last question No, I am not a fulltime trader at this time. But have been a profitable trader for the last 13 years. If and when I retire or sell my company then I will trade full time but I will probably still just go for my 2 ES points a day and be done for the day

Still, I wish you good luck/skill
    4re

#46     Aug 20, 2006
  7. I do. I work at Wal-mart, I am a proud Wal-mart associate. I was once "Employee of the Month." I trade STOCK during the day, hence day trading, and STOCK the shelves at Wal-mart during the night. So I deal with STOCK day and night, sometimes I even dream of stocking. :p

#47     Jun 29, 2008
  8. WHY do you feel compelled to drag up a thread that has been inactive for 22 months?

The person you responded to hasn't put out a post since Sept. 2006...

#48     Jun 29, 2008
  9. who cares?!...... people can respond to whatever they want.

are you the post boss?

#49     Jun 29, 2008
  10. HSC.1775

HSC.1775

All "prop" deals are not the same! Just because of the prevalence of so many bucket shops does not mean good firms with good deals are not available.

#50     Jun 29, 2008