Trading and eye strain....?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by athlonmank8, Jan 3, 2008.

1. lfkc60a

lfkc60a

Yea, After 15 yrs of sitting in front of the screen for 7 hours a day my eyes are shot. My eye Dr. gave me some eye exercises to do a few times a day. Walk out into the hall and focus on the end of the hall, then back up close. Do it a couple of times in a row. Do it several times a day. Helps my eyes feel like they are not "locked" at an 18" range.

#11     Jan 3, 2008
  2. My view is to an open field and in the far distance cars and a traffic light. Every so often my eye doc said to focus on the traffic light, it helps.

#12     Jan 3, 2008
  3. Nugget

Nugget

I have three 32" monitors and I sweat and get dizzy by noon..

#13     Jan 3, 2008
  4. I find laptop monitors are nowhere near as bright as desktop units... That could be a massive cause of your issues, bouncing between the 2. If anything you should try and match the Desktop LCD to the laptop LCD.

Evenness in your viewing devices is paramount. Being a Studio engineer living in front of monitors 10-12 hours per day I learned it the hard way. Neck strain, etc... when I switched to LCD's that went away. Matching the monitors as closely as possible was a MAJOR help.

#14     Jan 3, 2008
  5. Don't forget ambient lighting as well.

#15     Jan 3, 2008
  6. You are right, eyestrain problem after staring at screen for so long.

Turning down the brightness helps a lot, so that you are not looking into the 'Sun' :D

Increase the font size of your screen, so that things look bigger and u don't have to strain your eyes.

I'm living in Asia, 12 hours difference, by midafternnoon your time is my midnight, my eyes going to close by that time :D

#16     Jan 3, 2008
  7. Sounds good! Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info.

I'll turn the brightness down, I had never thought of that.

I'll also be doing a few eye excercises as well.

Some real good ideas in here. I appreciate it a ton!

#17     Jan 4, 2008
  8. Thanks will do.

I actually got a few eye tests a while back. Everything was A-ok, except for some tiny lesions. Je said there really wasn't much I could do about them. (was seeing some floaters)

#18     Jan 4, 2008
  9. eye excercises like EyeQ might help.

If you trade in an office with flourescent lighting you may want to change the HZ in your display/control panel and make sure there not at the same frequency. I think its 65hz instead of 75 hz.

#19     Jan 7, 2008
  10. eye exercises like EyeQ might help.

If you trade in an office with florescent lighting you may want to change the HZ in your display/control panel and make sure there not at the same frequency. I think its 65hz instead of 75 hz.

#20     Jan 7, 2008