Trading and Dating

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jackson1234, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Joab

Joab

I get this all the time and I simply tell the truth !

An unusual concept I know but it always seems to work out just fine.

#71     Jul 29, 2006
  2. Your a gentleman, what kinds of car do you drive? oh uh I mean do you believe in God?

#72     Jul 29, 2006
  3. romik

romik

If you were a wanker, would you really, I mean would you really?

#73     Jul 29, 2006
  4. apfx

apfx

Do not bother to explain anything to someone who is not willng to listen.

#74     Jul 29, 2006
  5. Kind of a self-defeating question, don't you think? A wanker, by definition cannot get laid - hence the wanking.

Maybe its just my social circle, but the women I meet smell out BS in a matter of seconds. They also smell out insecurity quickly as well. As someone mentioned, when you are successful, lying is not necessary. The way you carry yourself is an unspoken communication with the other sex. In fact, from my experiences, its best to just shut the fuck up in most scenarios.

Given that, when in a conversation, I'm honest to a fault about what I do and who I am. I have nothing to hide and there isn't much I'm not willing to openly discuss (maybe I do have EGO problems - so what?) Some people find that intimidating/offensive at times, others appreciate a no BS approach. My figuring is that I don't want to deal with someone who isn't sure of themselves anyway, insecure women drive me nuts.

#75     Jul 29, 2006
  6. I try not to waste time making up lies... Im too lazy and too easily distracted for that shit... being honest is a lot easier, so that´s what I usually try to do. If I have to lie, I dont say anything, much less complicated to get out of it...

#76     Jul 29, 2006
  7. megadon

megadon

THELL THEM YOU DO WHAT CARL ICANN DOES OR GEORGE SOROS DOES........THEN KISS THEM.....THATS ALL.....M

#77     Jul 29, 2006
  8. His profile says: (do they all yell like that?)

trader financier

#78     Jul 29, 2006
  9. Entertaining if nothing else.

Babies aren't cute. Women think babies are cute, Men think babies smell bad and whine too damn much... The whole idea behind monogamy is against the laws of nature, but it does allow for humans to bond in a way that 95% of the animal kingdom never will...

As far as what I used to say... "I'm a Naval Aviator." That pulled more fine ass than any 7-figure millionaire (non-athlete) has ever seen.

"Like Tom Cruise?"

"No, I'm not an actor... I actually fly... I'm buying you a drink, what'll it be?"

What do I say now? "I'm a Naval Aviator..." (not really) I usually say that I'm in Asset Management. If asked what that is, I say "Do you know what a Securities Trader does?" The response is usually "Kind of–" so I reply, "It's like that, but I'm more long-term with less risk exposure... I'm buying you a drink, what'll it be?" I'm not lying, I'm just vague, and I throw in a light twist of Jargon for additional confusion. Besides, adding "long-term" and "less-risk" implies more stability and intelligence than "day-trader" does.

If you feel like you have to lie, then I agree you should make it interesting... "I'm undercover, is it okay if we talk for a little bit?" then keep staring at someone across the club that looks like a drug dealer. Wear sunglasses at first, then take them off right when you approach her. Make sure the place is packed though, and that she's not with a group of friends. Total BS–ing is really exciting, just don't pour it on too thick, and don't approach more than two girls in any one club.

#79     Jul 29, 2006
  10. gordo

gordo

Good points, and I agree on the insecurity aspects.

Gordo

#80     Jul 29, 2006