Trading and Dating

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jackson1234, Jul 24, 2006.

1. No, no, no. If she's really that hot, use her mere presence to attract as many other hotties as you could ever handle, and then some. Show up together with your, um, student body at clubs, bars, concerts, beaches, etc. and see if you can act somewhat friendly / approachable yet hard to get / highly selective. (Alternatively, act "cocky and funny," a la David DeAngelo, if that's more your cup of tea.)

Exceptional women will see that you've been pre-screened / passed muster with one of their own and are in no way kissing their ass. Some will want a piece of you, badly. Trust me, it's in their genes; they can't help it. You've been dealt a rare hand, you say... don't screw it up.

#551     Apr 11, 2007
  2. but biggest difficulty is she is in the country on a student visa which makes a long term future impossible.

Now you know why she is into you. Converting that student visa into permanent residency is worth a lot for somebody who never enjoyed indoor plumbing and electricity. Of course, I am exaggerating here, but you get my point.

Well, whatever happens, drive it like you stole it brother! :D :D :D

#552     Apr 11, 2007
  3. I've learnt alot about myself since when I started this thread. My lack of success had nothing to do with my occupation, it was all about my confidence and attitude. I was coming across on the insecure side and displaying a lot of the nice wussy guy traits.

I had to let the last woman go as it was never going to work. I do think she genuinely liked me to some extent, but the ulterior motive of the visa meant I could never trust her. She also had some other character traits that pissed me off, but the hotness factor over-rode this for awhile. Overall it was a great experience, as I learned what it was like to be with a very attractive woman which was confidence building for me.

Reading that Double your Dating book has made a big difference too. The main things I took out of it were being the selector not the selectee (and letting women know this), taking charge, and never showing any signs of insecurity or neediness.

Now when women ask me what I do, I just tell them I trade the stockmarket and talk about the advantages (no boss/clients, work 3 hours/day and have a great lifestyle). By appearing successful and in charge of my future is a turn on for them.

I am now dating 2 new women and in the process of deciding who I should choose. They both have all the traits I am looking for (attractive, smart, great personality, similar goals, non gold-diggers). 6 months ago I would never have thought women like this would be interested in me, but now I feel like they are lucky to date a guy like me, and I think this change in attitude is making all the difference.

#553     Apr 11, 2007
  4. Now you talking!

Good to hear that. The best part is... like a trader who's turned a corner from losing to winning, there's really no going back. As long as you don't become complacent, while allowing this new paradigm to become second nature over time.

#554     Apr 11, 2007
  5. Now the the only question to ask is whether you drove her like a stolen car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :) :) :p :p :cool:

#555     Apr 11, 2007
  6. LOL!

#556     Apr 11, 2007
  7. Congrats on the confidence boost. Just keep in mind that if you're looking for someone long-term, the over-confident ego-driven alpha male bit can come back to bite you. I'm not saying drop it for the friend-zone nice guy approach. I'm just saying that in my past dating experiences I was a bit of a cocky, somewhat rude, dickhead towards women, and when I found someone that grew on me (kinda like a fungus grows on bread) I found out that my attitude wasn't the one I should stick with because it was inappropriate when it was directed to the person I was ready to spend my life with...

...Buuutt... at the same time, being an over-confident charming dickhead is sooo much fun!

Damn, I wish I was single again...

Awe f*ck it, don't ever get married or engaged. Just run with the ego and make all your dating decisions with the only head a man has that actually makes good decisions! :) :D :p

#557     Apr 12, 2007
  8. Exactly!
    :cool:

#558     Apr 12, 2007
  9. after all, you're going to need someone to spend that hard earned money! :p

#559     Apr 12, 2007
  10. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

...It is great being single. :cool: I'm just livin the dream. :D

#560     Apr 12, 2007