Trading alone vs with small group

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IndexTrader, Feb 27, 2004.

1. 40Deuce

40Deuce

possibly the Hanley Group

not sure what you're exactly asking though

#31     May 26, 2004
  2. 2 things

I think any group who is foolish enough to pool their funds into a single account probably can only learn this lesson the hard way

Personally, I find it hard to trade with others, other than being pointed in a direction for an opportunity

here's the dillemma - if I follow them for management of the trade, I must believe that their ability is equal or better than mine

I also believe it is hard to mix inputs without coming up with a third product (mine, vs theirs vs 'ours') which has no basis for validity

So when working together, I invariably do a worse job of my own monitoring, as I feel I am either second-guessing them, or myself

#32     May 26, 2004
  3. In order to trade on a desk and benefit from it, ofcourse the people on it are key. But it is equally important that you have the right personality not to get sucked into someone elses ideas unless you honestly agree with it and are not just looking for someone to trade for you and feed you ideas.

Pooling of funds in 1 account is a big mistake.

#33     May 26, 2004
  4. c_verm

c_verm

It can be done but it only works with the right people, and the proper education & setup.

I day traded with 8 other guys using a private chatroom which was strickly for trading opportunities. We all trade our own money (not a joint account). We all took the same daytrading courses and Strickly follow our set trading rules for trading opportunities. We all have differnet trading paltforms but they all look very similar with charts, LVII, ect.. as it is part of our trading rules for finding trades.

We all search for stock setups and when an opprotunity with good profit potential is found we simply chat the ticker to eachother. No need to explain why cause we all see the same opportunity and if you like it enought you simply trade it your self, and if some one esle doenst like it then they dont trade it, simple as that.

I currently am not day trading full time as I am busy with some other stuff at the moment but I cant wait to get back to our trading group.

#34     May 26, 2004
  5. Mecro

Mecro

I hope you all do realize that there are hedge funds that have teams of traders that manipulate stocks like TASR. They are multiply their income vs going solo. There are news trading teams in many prop firms that work as a team and can create moves in stocks.
    I've learned a lot from being around other good traders. Definitely played a factor in evolving my trading.

For the uttermost success, one goes solo. But to get there, working with other near successful people can only be of advantage.

#35     May 28, 2004