Trading alone vs with small group

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IndexTrader, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Hi CalTrader,

But if you can't do it by yourself, what kind of direction are you going to give to your serfs. "Self-optimizing" systems are a bit against the grain of serfdom if you don't have the right bully behind them.

You say it well in your last sentence. So again, why bother if you understand how to make money by yourself. If you don't, a bunch of losers isn't going to help you very much.

Be good,

nononsense

#21     Feb 27, 2004
  2. You got the idea! :D

#22     Feb 27, 2004
  3. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Dont hire losers ..... And, even if I understand it I still want smart people about that dont need to be led through every hoop to get to the final answer.

#23     Feb 27, 2004
  4. Actually, in a couple of your prior posts, I noticed you used the term "we" referring to your trading activities.

Are you in some type of employer/ee enterprise yourself?

#24     Feb 27, 2004
  5. I think it could be done but very important is that the traders have the same skills, experience etc...

They put the money in a partnership and trade their own stake. They win however only a share from their own profit/loss equal to their share in the venture plus the same share from the other partners profits/losses.

If the guys are equally good they will have a higher profit factor. If they trade their normal size at the end they will have the same returns but with less volatility.

Such partnership can increase one's profits only if there is trust between the partners.

#25     Feb 27, 2004
  6. My thought exactly. Less volatility with more opportunity.
    I think 1 guy has to be the "boss" or lead partner so you don't have a several people blaming each other.

#26     Feb 27, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

I just want someone to share infrastructure costs with.

nitro :(

#27     Feb 27, 2004
  8. nodelta

nodelta

Isn't that what a prop firm is?

#28     Feb 27, 2004
  9. Does anyone know of people doing this with soybeans?

#29     May 26, 2004
  10. Trading with other professionals is key to trading successfully.

many times some of our traders come up with ideas that our other traders never thought about.

Good to be able to bounce off ideas in person VS phone or instant messenger.

#30     May 26, 2004