Trading Alerts and Education in ET Chatroom

Discussion in 'Events' started by Brandonf, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Yannis

Yannis

Woodman,

Excellent post, congrats! My thoughts exactly. This is a skill/contact sport, not a theory, and vicarious feelings don't fill YOUR bank account. Not to forget that even "audited" statements can be doctored... remember Enron, WorldCom, etc? :)

#51     Jul 21, 2003
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Thats the real secret to my success. But I cant get it past you. Now the whole world knows.

Brandon

#52     Jul 21, 2003
  3. ddog

ddog

So was your QLGC trade stopped out for a loss or wasnt it?

#53     Jul 21, 2003
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well, lets see. The target was $48, it was not hit. The stop was under $47.30 which was hit. It would seem pretty obvious to me that it was stopped out.

It seems like half of your posts are to come on and throw rocks at me. Why is that? At one time you did a trial in our room and seemed fairly happy with it. What happened?

Brandon

#54     Jul 21, 2003
  5. I've always been amazed at the flack Brandon gets here. I've found his chats informative, and I've seen plenty of places where he's offered advice in the boards-no charge. What I've noticed most however, is how many people say he's helped them.

My only complaint is that his promotions are a bit over the top.

-Joe

#55     Jul 21, 2003
  6. i'mlong

i'mlong

I've been in the room the last couple of weeks and from what I can tell, I think the service is an added value to my trading.

#56     Jul 22, 2003
  7. BrandonF, now that 777 is gone... it'll make your ET Chat more comfortable without having a single minded guy trying to be a smartass... LOL

#57     Jul 22, 2003
  8. ddog

ddog

Yes, you are right. At one time I thought you were one of the better people on here. I thought you were very helpful to people, especially to beginners.

What changed my mind about you is really two issues:

1) The almost childish way you respond to any type of criticism. Just look at your response to my questioning why you never followed up on the above QLGC trade (which you still haven't answered).

2) The sometimes outrageous claims you make about yourself WITHOUT EVER PROVIDING ANY PROOF. Take for example your claim of profitability but failure to provide a track record. Your excuse of "it takes too long" was really weak. How about this? Cut and paste your daily account statement, deleting out any sensitive information. How long can that take, maybe 30 seconds?

I know what you are going to say. "Come to my chatroom and find out for yourself". I have been to your chatroom which is why I seriously doubt that at the end of the month you are net profitable after slippage and commissions.

I realize you have quite a few followers on here, which is why this is the last time I will ever respond any of your threads. I just wanted to express my honest opinion of you since you asked.

#58     Jul 22, 2003
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

thank you for responding.

#59     Jul 22, 2003
  10. nitro

nitro

What is interesting about this trade is that it IMMEDIATELY went Brandon's way for almost .20. At that time, _I_ would have taken profits.

Later the trade came back to break even. I hate to take a loss on a stock that went .20 cents my way, so I would have been out. Funnily enough, it went higher again for at least a dime. Again, I would have taken profits. It later came back to B/E, and the final result was the stop loss.

You win some, you lose some...I have seen QLGC go for what appeared to be forever higher, so I can understand the "lofty" goals that were set for the stock. I would have wagered that he was WAY more likely to hit the PT than the stop loss the way I saw that stock come out of the gates...

nitro

#60     Jul 22, 2003