Trading Alerts and Education in ET Chatroom

Discussion in 'Events' started by Brandonf, Jul 10, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

That's a very good question.

Since I live in Chicago, I am going to suggest to Susan (from FFastTrade) that I be allowed to watch if this is some guy teaching traders simple tech analysis, or if it is him in action in realtime.

Not all training is bad - for example, I went to Bright's training. To me, the ultimate thing that seperates the wheat from the chaff is that the trader either:

1) At the end or sometime during the session demonstrates, LIVE, all that he has preached during his training.

or

2) That he is sorrounded by traders all executing his/her method to make a living from the markets.

Some of 1) and 2) were satisfied by the Bright training (Opening Orders calculation, etc) which for me at the time was useful. On the other hand, being able to tell the difference between REAL traders and one person masquerading under multiple handles in a chatroom is IMPOSSIBLE. When I went to Bright, I visited the office on several occassions after the training on random days. I wanted to see how many new faces there were, and if any of the old faces were still there. Many were - REAL RESULTS FROM REAL PEOPLE.

The one thing that REALLY seperates this guy from Brandon is you don't see him here day after day promoting his teaching. Further, take a look at the talks that FFast has brought to ET. Those are FAR AND AWAY the best talks ever given at ET IMHO. The traders were clearly REAL.

I am not saying that Brandon is not real. But to me, he would do well to leave the chatroom newbies and take his teaching to the next level and trade a real account live, like some people are doing at the Chicago expo this summer. Those guys have earned some more of my respect, win or lose.

nitro

#21     Jul 20, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And it's necessary to earn your respect because . . .

#22     Jul 20, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

That was all that you could find to comment on all that was written above?

LOL. You are piker.

nitro

#23     Jul 20, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No, but the comment was awfully revealing. And consistent.

#24     Jul 20, 2003
  5. nitro

nitro

No what? That was NOT all you could find to comment on?

Answer the real points that were made - trying to turn the attention away from the real issues and turning it into why someone does or does not need my respect is a SEPERATE issue. [If you feel like it, you can start a poll in chit chat on that subject.]

ANSWER THE COMMENTS MADE ON THE QUESTION YOU ORIGINATED.

nitro

#25     Jul 20, 2003
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Jumping up and down on the diving board again :p

You might want to increase the font on those caps. Bold would look nice, too.

And it's "separate".

#26     Jul 20, 2003
  7. nitro

nitro

Still no comments on the real subject matter?

I am waiting...

Soon you are going to need yet another new handle. This one is losing credibility fast.

So that it does not get burried in this garbage, let me present what the REAL ISSUE is by quoting the two posts at issue:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from dbphoenix:

Wish somebody would explain why BF has to take all this heat, but not a word is said about the Mentoring in the Trading Room thread under Index Futures.

They're both advertisers, so what's the deal?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nitro responds:

Since I live in Chicago, I am going to suggest to Susan (from FFastTrade) that I be allowed to watch if this is some guy teaching traders simple tech analysis, or if it is him in action in realtime.

Not all training is bad - for example, I went to Bright's training. To me, the ultimate thing that seperates the wheat from the chaff is that the trader either:

1) At the end or sometime during the session demonstrates, LIVE, all that he has preached during his training.

or

2) That he is sorrounded by traders all executing his/her method to make a living from the markets.

Some of 1) and 2) were satisfied by the Bright training (Opening Orders calculation, etc) which for me at the time was useful. On the other hand, being able to tell the difference between REAL traders and one person masquerading under multiple handles in a chatroom is IMPOSSIBLE. When I went to Bright, I visited the office on several occassions after the training on random days. I wanted to see how many new faces there were, and if any of the old faces were still there. Many were - REAL RESULTS FROM REAL PEOPLE.

The one thing that REALLY seperates this guy from Brandon is you don't see him here day after day promoting his teaching. Further, take a look at the talks that FFast has brought to ET. Those are FAR AND AWAY the best talks ever given at ET IMHO. The traders were clearly REAL.

I am not saying that Brandon is not real. But to me, he would do well to leave the chatroom newbies and take his teaching to the next level and trade a real account live, like some people are doing at the Chicago expo this summer. Those guys have earned some more of my respect, win or lose.
    ====

nitro

#27     Jul 20, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Another new handle? This is the same one I've always used.

And as for credibility, according to you I've never had any. So what have I got to lose?

Still don't know what earning your respect has to do with anything. Who cares?

You really ought to calm down, nitro. You'll never make 30 this way.

#28     Jul 20, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

Quote from dbphoenix:

Wish somebody would explain why BF has to take all this heat, but not a word is said about the Mentoring in the Trading Room thread under Index Futures.

They're both advertisers, so what's the deal?

nitro responds:

or

====

nitro

#29     Jul 20, 2003
  10. woodman

woodman

Isnt it interesting how strong the skeptism is when a teacher appears. People retain such strong resistence to learning for fear it isnt the real thing that they cannot fairly judge what is before them.
    Yes. the learning curve to trading is long and difficult

all the more reason to believe that we do not do this alone.

We do it for ourselves, but not alone.

I have been through three teachers that are both good and successful in past three years, yet it was not until I settled down and listened to Brandon and toni and all that is shared on their site did i begin to gain the perspective for better trading.
    going from losing to breakeven and then to small wins that has been the road less traveled and one that has required patience , discipline and self examination. and it was speeded up with the help of these serious teachers.

I am certain, that finding some form of support will speed up your progress. For me, that is TFMS. and I do not let down on my direction and committment.

If this is not the teacher for you, I understand. but a teacher will indeed speed up your learning curve. continue to seek a mentor that is acceptable and dont knock too hard those you do not find right for you. Objective feedback is so needed until you can give that to yourself and be ruthlessly honest with the man in the mirror.

I just think too much time is spent challenging good teachers on what they share rather than look at the info shared.

the Suspecion gets in the way of the opporunity to grow.

Could it be that we have had unreasonable expectations in the past of our authors, teachers, mentors, and now they are all painted with the same brush as being disingenious?

Yes, we need to consider carefully, what may well be self serving. But why not quietly rather than in challenge and conflict. How distracting to the process of learning. Why make the teacher the issue, is not the concepts taught what is of most concern? Are the principles valid?

It is obvious, who are the learners and who are the knockers.
    And it will always be the easier road to complain and find fault with the teachers.

In the end, we become our own best teacher and we hold in respect those who have traveled that road before us. and until then, we dont hold in awe those ahead but listen c arefully for clues how we too can enhance our own growth.

I hear the frustration at the diffiuclty in learning to trade and share that challenge, but lashing out is not the way.

fwiw

woodman

#30     Jul 20, 2003